Splurges and holiday parties... 12/8

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I read one of many ways to help deal with splurges is if you actually know an EVENT is coming...the OFFICE party then exercise an extra 20 min each day up to the event. Now, some may say 20 MINUTES!!!!!!! But if you want to decrease it...I think the idea is to prepare with a little extra exercise each day. Sounds doable!
A challenge for us all with what we know is to come!

Let me know your thoughts.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea! Not only will you have worked out and burned a few extra calories, but you'll feel stronger and more determined, so that you'll have the will power to say no!

Another thing is to bring something healthy that you like to the event. I am going to a family holiday party tonight that I know will have lots of tempting food, so I am bringing a buffalo chicken dip made with fat free cream cheese and fat free ranch, a black bean salsa and veggies and dip. I love all these things so maybe I can avoid those other treats I'm sure to be eyeing!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I don't have any parties scheduled, just performances (extra hour of workout.) I will be going to my parents place for Christmas and my mom is careful with foods because of my food allergies. I do make cookies (including some GF) but I share with everyone so I have very few for me (and only on days I work out.) If I do go to a party, I'm like Kgerm317 I bring a treat that I can eat like yogurt dip and fresh veggies.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think that's an excellent way to approach the situation of holiday parties or just the actual holiday in general. I know that's what I did the week before Thanksgiving this year, and it seemed to work out because despite stuffing my face for two days straight I still managed to lose a pound at my weigh in the next week. I only have one party this holiday season thankfully, but I plan on letting myself indulge a little bit and just working out extra hard the week before and possibly even the week after to make up the difference.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just stick to my normal routine. I went two birthday parties on Saturday which is why I am just now replying. I ate what i wanted but knew I would be working it off when I got home. This kept me from going over board but did not stop me from eating the cheesy potatoes.