insanity ?

Options
Hi, just starting Insanity. Did the fit test yesterday so will be doing the first workout today. I'm trying to track my workouts here, i counted the fit test as high impact aerobics. What do other users track their insanity workouts as - do you put it under aerobics or circuit training?

Also would love some buddies that are also working on Insanity, please send me a buddy request if you'd like to share progress and support :)

Replies

• emily_bird
    Options
    If you want support/accountability/friends for Insanity, go here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9762-insanity-don-t-just-push-play-push-each-other
    There are people checking in every day. It's really great.

I don't log my workouts in. Some people use a heart rate monitor to see how many calories they have burned. I've seen people list it under: Calisthenics, Circuit Training & Cardiovasular. If you know roughly how many calories you burn per exercise, you can manually add in the workouts and keep them in your diary.

Good luck!
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emily, will check that group out!
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, just starting Insanity. Did the fit test yesterday so will be doing the first workout today. I'm trying to track my workouts here, i counted the fit test as high impact aerobics. What do other users track their insanity workouts as - do you put it under aerobics or circuit training?

Also would love some buddies that are also working on Insanity, please send me a buddy request if you'd like to share progress and support :)
    [/quot

I am just getting ready to start insanity myself! Not sure if I'm going to do my fit test today or tomorrow. I will add you as a friend!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I actually created my own exercise entries. I wear a heart rate monitor and then log it.. So all of mine actually say "Insanity - Pure Cardio", "Les Mills Pump - Pump and Shred" or whatever the routine was. And, with the HRM, I know my exact calorie burn and log it.. Everyone burns calories at different rates, so it's easier to track your stuff with your entry and an HRM..
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    I use a Heart Rate Monitor too. I burn 300-400 calories doing Insanity, but you might burn much more. It's hard to know unless you've used a HRM. Mine is a POLAR. Got it for about $70. Just make sure it has the chest strap.
    Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I enter it as Cardiovascular. Definitely get a HRM.