Skyrim (again!)

Options
Sassia
Sassia Posts: 460 Member
I have just spent a good few microsoft points buying the add ons for Skyrim. Oh my lovely, I have neglected you for so long. Come back to me. Consume me for weeks to come.

Farewell all!

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol weird! My husband just got sucked back into it for some reason as well lol
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just started playing again myself. I'm going for a badass mage. I'm still at the beginning so I have to use a weapon with my magic but when I'm leveled up enough, I'm going to go full-on magic and see what happens.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    *impatiently waiting for the Dragonborn DLC to come to PC*

Dawnguard and Hearthfire certainly brought some fun back into. Really looking forward to Dragonborn!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Why does nobody like Dark Souls? :(
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    if that's the game i'm thinking, probably because its a pain to play :P I love it though.

Are the addons for skyrim worth it?
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I was looking at those, but I think I'm going to wait until I'm closer to the end of the main story line before buying them. I don't get to sit an play that often, which is why I've had it for a year and I'm only level 28...
  • brandiuntz
    Options

I have it on my wishlist for Steam and will probably get it at some point. But, it does look it has the potential to frustrate me if it's as difficult as the description says.
  • brandiuntz
    Options

I thought so. Dawnguard adds a vampire storyline, plus crossbows. Hearthfire is cheap...and isn't a storyline...adds 3 player houses you can build, plus ability to adopt children. So, depends on your interest in the "mundane" task of collecting and building the houses.

Though, I still don't have enough bookshelves...:tongue:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options

I have it on my wishlist for Steam and will probably get it at some point. But, it does look it has the potential to frustrate me if it's as difficult as the description says.

It is guaranteed that you will get frustrated, unless you've played Demon Souls. It is quite addicting though.
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I thought so. Dawnguard adds a vampire storyline, plus crossbows. Hearthfire is cheap...and isn't a storyline...adds 3 player houses you can build, plus ability to adopt children. So, depends on your interest in the "mundane" task of collecting and building the houses.

Though, I still don't have enough bookshelves...:tongue:

I'm still early on in the add ons so I can't answer really, but this seems a pretty good answer to me ^^^
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just started playing Skyrim. I'm a recovering WoWHead. Do you need to complete or level up a certain amount before beginning the later DLC? Or can you just start from whenever. I'm a Dark Elf Mage only level 9.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    I just started playing Skyrim. I'm a recovering WoWHead. Do you need to complete or level up a certain amount before beginning the later DLC? Or can you just start from whenever. I'm a Dark Elf Mage only level 9.

For Dawnguard, you have to be level 10 to start the main quest. I'm not aware of any other requirements.