Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
You know the drill!

Replies

• anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    After gaining several pounds over several weeks in November, I have finally been able to reverse that trend and lose weight both last week and this week. I've done this by 1) reducing the added sugar (i.e., the obvious stuff) I started eating last month and by 2) being more aware of and reducing emotional eating by trying healthier coping strategies.

Gaining weight was scary, and I realized once again how necessary it is for me to change my thinking from unhealthy/destructive thinking habits to healthy/productive ones in order to successfully maintain any weight loss long term. It's a process. :)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I went home this weekend to visit my parents and one of the first things out of my mom's mouth was "Have you lost even more weight?" Now she said this with the inflection and tone that only a mother can use and only a daughter can recognize... almost as if what she really meant was "Wow you're actually sticking with this whole weight loss thing?" It was kind of a good feeling though knowing that she was a little in shock. She also seemed really proud of me which was a great feeling. On top of that though I had three different ladies at church this morning (it's been about 5 weeks since they've seen me) ask me if I'd lost weight and/or tell me how good I looked. So let's just say my confidence was boosted way high this weekend and it's definitely given me more motivation to fuel my weight loss journey. Yay!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight was scary, and I realized once again how necessary it is for me to change my thinking from unhealthy/destructive thinking habits to healthy/productive ones in order to successfully maintain any weight loss long term. It's a process. :)

Congrats on getting back on track and reversing the weight gain! It definitely is a process though. I think we all have our bad days, or week, or even months sometimes, but it's about putting that in the past and focusing on what we can do in the present to reverse the situation and not let it happen again. Keep up the awesome work! :smile:
  • anorangie
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track and reversing the weight gain! It definitely is a process though. I think we all have our bad days, or week, or even months sometimes, but it's about putting that in the past and focusing on what we can do in the present to reverse the situation and not let it happen again. Keep up the awesome work! :smile:

Thanks, AggieFan! :smile:

ETA quote
  • anorangie
    Options
    I went home this weekend to visit my parents and one of the first things out of my mom's mouth was "Have you lost even more weight?" Now she said this with the inflection and tone that only a mother can use and only a daughter can recognize... almost as if what she really meant was "Wow you're actually sticking with this whole weight loss thing?" It was kind of a good feeling though knowing that she was a little in shock. She also seemed really proud of me which was a great feeling. On top of that though I had three different ladies at church this morning (it's been about 5 weeks since they've seen me) ask me if I'd lost weight and/or tell me how good I looked. So let's just say my confidence was boosted way high this weekend and it's definitely given me more motivation to fuel my weight loss journey. Yay!

I'm glad your mom and others noticed your efforts and were happy for you. :happy:

Good job with being consistent!