so sick w/ the flu....& baby will be here in 2 days :-(

Options
smte
smte Posts: 95 Member
I started getting sick late Friday, which didn't really surprise me b/c two of my daughters were sick earlier in the week. However, I kind of felt like it was just a cold....boy was I wrong. I am absolutely miserable & worried. I haven't eaten anything since Fri and I can't hold down any liquids. sorry...TMI, but do you know how uncomfortable it is to vomit when 9 months pregnant? Plus I am worried that all this is going to put me into labor. I am having a c-section regardless, but can't imagine going through surgery feeling like this. And, if my husband ends up getting sick been now & weds, they won't even let him in the hospital! How am I supposed to have our last baby without him? Docs office opens in an hour, so I will be on the phone with . I am hoping they will just admit me to the hospital & I can get hooked up to some IV's. Sorry for the long post, just kind of freaked out!

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry :( The flu is bad enough on its own, but then when you add in being 9 months pregnant on top of it, it's extra bad. Please talk to your doctor's office ASAP and get yourself on fluids. Dehydration can cause real problems in general but especially when you are pregnant, so they will likely want to admit you and get you as healthy as they can before your c-section. They may even choose to delay by a day or two.

All you can do at this point is hope that your husband doesn't get sick. Everyone needs to wash his/her hands often and not to cough/sneeze out in the open. (I know that's hard to enforce with kids.) Your girls have already gotten sick, so that's said and done, but if your husband keeps washing his hands and playing it safe, hopefully he'll be ok!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    OMG. This is seriously one of my worst fears right now. My step-son just got sick with the flu, and I am terrified that my husband might catch it (affecting whether or not he can be with me when I deliver) and that I might catch it. ACK! I so feel for you right now. I am going to send prayers and many good thoughts your way for a healthy delivery with your husband by your side.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! You poor thing!! Sending prayers your way! I hope your hubs doesn't get it and hope you get better like NOW!! Now I feel like a big baby bc I was complaining about wanting to get rid of this darn cold/sinuses before baby comes, I can't imagine how crappy you feel! Everything will work itself out girl, don't stress out and make yourself go into labor. Let us know what your doctor says if you get the chance!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, what ended up happening? Praying everything went OK!!