Is this group still active???/

Options
rhaew
rhaew Posts: 4 Member
See the last post was 2 months ago. I am just starting My Fitness Pal and want a group this is ACTIVE!!!!!!!

Replies

• ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is. I joined it awhile back and don't ever see anything on it. Feel free to add me though. I'm in Nebraska!
  • schmittie01
    schmittie01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in nebraska as well but never see anything on here
  • jessstanderford
    jessstanderford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well let's make it active!!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yeah, kinda wish this board had a little more life to it, too. In support of that wish, I will try to post fun/interesting NE activities whenever I hear about any. I'm in the Omaha area. Feel free to add me as a friend, too!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    Here are some upcoming running events for Eastern Nebraska area that I found on active.com...

*** Cupid Shuffle ***
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 @9:00am in Papillion, NE (Walnut Creek)
    5K benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    See active.com for more info or to register.

*** Leprechaun Chase 10K ***
    Saturday, March 09, 2013 @4:00pm in Omaha, NE
    See active.com or lc10k.com for more info or to register.

*** 5K The Hard Way ***
    Saturday, April 20, 2013 @10:00am in Fremont, NE
    Sounds like a Warrior Dash type event.
    Check out active.com or 5kthehardway.com for more info or to register.
  • schmittie01
    Options
    You can also google omaha running club and they have a calendar that shows all races and etc in the state.
  • joemyfit
    Options
    Agreed, I don't think it is as I noticed a lot of people simply message. With that said always looking to meet new people to stay motivated. Helps to have someone check on ya and make sure you stick to it. Dang peer pressure
  • lokkie24
    lokkie24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for over a month and just joined this group today!!!!! I'm really surprised to see how many people are inactive or not have logged in for so long. MFP is a big help and it works !!! Get back on track people!!!!!
  • lokkie24
    lokkie24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These groups are not as active as just having a group of friends.Even if you don't know people they are very supportive no matter where they are from. Feel free to add me.
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I joined a while back and have noticed that there isn't much going on in here. I am in Lincoln and anyone who would like is welcome to add me :)
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    Hey, it's Nebraska... I'm hibernating at the moment.
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Joined this group today. I moved to NE a little over a year ago. Restarting my weight-loss journey and learning about things to do in Omaha. :smile:
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    Anybody got any plans to do some local sporting/exercise/charity/fun events this year (NE or IA)??? Just curious!
  • schmittie01
    Options
    there is an 80's 5k in april at werner park in papillion that i'm going to partake in!
  • omahacheeks
    Options
    I just joined and am down 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    there is an 80's 5k in april at werner park in papillion that i'm going to partake in!

^^^ 80's 5K, as in 1980's? Don't get my hopes up - I have a sweet pair of stripey legwarmers just itching to be let outta mothballs.
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Anyone up for a 2mile run/walk on Saturday? The Bluffs Track Club and Omaha Running Club sponser a winter running series at Lake Manawa. There is also a 10k for the really great runners. Entry $4, I believe there a medals by age group. Start time is 10am, check in at the site.

Directions, south on 11th Street from Veterens Memorial Bridge Road.(Caseys and BP are on the corner). In the park, make a left when you get to the lake, 2nd parking area on the left. This is called the North Picnic area. More info is on the Omaha Running Club site. You do not need to be a member of either club to particpate.
  • Dawmer299
    Options
    Just found the group. Hello Home state people!
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Alzhiemers Run, April 6th at the Century Link, the details are being finalized on this one

UNO Classen Women's Walk Saturday April 20 this is on the Omaha Running Club site

Green Bellevue Run/Walk Sunday April 21, also on Omaha Running club Site

Papillion LaVista Hero Run on April 27, this benifits the Fine Arts program and Wound Warriors project. I have a registration form from a friend, but can did up a link on it.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Joined this group a while back and I too have seen little activity. I'm in bellevue and would love to have a workout buddy. Someone to go walking with, c25k.....etc. Needing more support than what I'm getting at home.