Hello to All, I'm new:)

Options
gabbylr
gabbylr Posts: 5 Member
Hello!

I'm new and wanted to say hello:) I am also battling PCOS. I've been unable to lose weight since May, I work out 4 times a week mainly cardio and weights and I eat healthy. I don't know what to do. I've actually gained 5 lbs which is absolutely crazy. I think it is probably hormone related. I requested the "Living the G.I. Diet" by Rick Gallop from my local library and I'm going to give it a try. How are you all doing with managing your PCOS and weight loss?

Replies

• singanote
    Options
    Hi, Gabbylr! Nice to meet you! I'm glad you're here!

I was stuck for 3 months and went up and down the same 3-5 lbs during that time. I finally started losing again a couple weeks ago and I think the difference for me was that I added in taking apple cider vinegar (2 tsp in a cup of water) before each meal. I had done some research and there have been some studies that show that taking the vinegar before meals can help your body kick out less insulin after you eat.

I hadn't heard of that book, but that sounds like a good plan. I really need to try and tackle consistently eating lower G.I.!
  • gabbylr
    gabbylr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi singanote,

I was taking apple cider for a while and I really like it but it didn't help on the weight loss. What I've started doing is cut out bread, sweets and carbs all together and that has done the trick, I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 5 lbs finally after 6 months, yey!!! I'm eating fruit still and proteins and will be upping my veggies as soon as I can get down to the grocery store. I'll see what the GI book is like, I've read so many diet books, it's a little crazy!
  • singanote
    Options
    Kudos to you for being able to cut out those things. I know I should, but have not been able to bring myself to that point yet. I am so happy for you that it's also working!!! It IS much easier to do something when you see results, for sure!

I haven't read that many books...I tend to just get really overwhelmed. But, I have been checking out information here and there on the Internet. Of course, there is some caution that must be taken there...making sure it's scientifically based and not just someone's whim!

Thanks for sharing your experiences!