NEW ELLIPTICAL HOT SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE-JANUARY 2013

Options
January 2013--we will start the SMOKIN' Hot Summer Body Challenge!:smokin:

This will be a 6-month challenge from January 4 to July 4. Our Independence Day:bigsmile:

The challenge is this--<keeping it super simple> How many days in a month can you get yourself on the elliptical?

Check in daily! We will tally up the days at the end of each month.

Each month--I will start a new topic which represents each new month----and one additional (optional) and different elliptical challenge for that month.

For example--
January might be upping the resistance--
February might be three 3 days in a row--etc
March--five 60 minute work-outs

Weigh in please--once a month on the 4th.

And on July 4th--we will share on July 4th--share how many days in 6 months we ellipticalized! Yes-I made up that word!
And then we will share beginning and ending weight --and hopefully January(before) pics :huh: and July(after) pics :love:

Please put your name down and let's friend each other in solidarity! We can do this!

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are making it a combo-pack (both 6 month long-tern ... time for results to set in if one REALLY does it ...) and breaking it up into 6 mini-challenges of 30 days each (easier to wrap the brain around, and the variations will keep things mixxed up)

I'm new to the group, and i"m in!
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Granted that I stay healthy and uninjured!!!! My new gym is opening on 1/2/13.. I will try to have a Jan picture by then... I'm soooo excited!
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started using weight and the elliptical is the only thing that I use!
  • donmcc
    donmcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in - want to drop at least 30 lbs so this will help with the motivation.

Thanks for the idea and planning of this.

Don
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone!!!! Welcome!
    Remember let's friend each other so we can maximize the support.

Smokin Hot --July--Here We Come!! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :glasses: :mad: :explode:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I am glad you are making it a combo-pack (both 6 month long-tern ... time for results to set in if one REALLY does it ...) and breaking it up into 6 mini-challenges of 30 days each (easier to wrap the brain around, and the variations will keep things mixxed up)

I'm new to the group, and i"m in!

Good points!
    Yes--I learned lots from the last challenge enough to tweak it this time round:wink:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I'm in!!! Granted that I stay healthy and uninjured!!!! My new gym is opening on 1/2/13.. I will try to have a Jan picture by then... I'm soooo excited!
    @diz---of course you will be uninjured and healthy! so excited you're in. Me too!
    I'm in! I just started using weight and the elliptical is the only thing that I use!

@lindesymiller--awesome---then this is the perfect challemge for you

I'm in - want to drop at least 30 lbs so this will help with the motivation.

Thanks for the idea and planning of this.

@Don--Listen--thank you
    for participating :-)
    Yes-You can do it!!!!!!!
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    I'm getting excited for the challenge to start!!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    count me in! I love the elliptical. Im always looking for motivation and friends that enjoy doing the same thing.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    count me in! I love the elliptical. Im always looking for motivation and friends that enjoy doing the same thing.

You're in!!!!

TEAM ELLIPTICAL-FIT AND IN SHAPE JULY
  • CountryCutie87
    CountryCutie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Can't wait
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I'm in! Can't wait

YESSSS! Fantastic! Glad to have you on board :flowerforyou:
  • kjanai
    kjanai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im in i really want to start on the elliptical i got on yesterday and couldnt last at all I really will like to work my way up 60 min or more that would be great.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Im in i really want to start on the elliptical i got on yesterday and couldnt last at all I really will like to work my way up 60 min or more that would be great.

YOU
    CAN
    DO
    IT
    :bigsmile:

Welcome aboard!
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    and the group is growing... this will be so much fun... I enjoyed the last challenge we did (that is until my injury) A little over 2 wks to go :happy:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    and the group is growing... this will be so much fun... I enjoyed the last challenge we did (that is until my injury) A little over 2 wks to go :happy:

Yup--we will be the little engine that could!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this challenge. I have lost 60 pounds so far (gained 12 back :sad: ) And ready to get the rest of this weight off of me! I already use an elliptical but I know that I am not pushing myself as hard as I did in the beginning of this journey and hopefully this challenge will motivate me.

Barb
  • ImChar
    ImChar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to join...I did so good for a while then I hurt my foot and had to stop, now I am ready to get started again..
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    I would love to join...I did so good for a while then I hurt my foot and had to stop, now I am ready to get started again..

this sounds like my story.... I have been down for 5 months with a foot sprain / strain and am ready to hop back on the elliptical... Watch out July... there are gonna be some smokin' hot bodies coming to the party.... :smokin:
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm totally in! I'm going on vacation in January (VEGAS!!!) but I know the hotel has a workout facility! I'm excited!