Healthy enchiladas

Options
Does anyone have a good, healthy recipe for enchiladas? I'm craving some but refuse to break diet for it. Oh, and I'm new here, this is my first post so if I should post questions like this in another area please forgive me.

Replies

• DeeOnAMission
    DeeOnAMission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Enchilada Caserole. So you pre-heat the tortillas (so they are not stiff and cold). Put your filling in (chicken cooked healthy you can also use baked beans with tons of onion). Roll them up into an oven- safe container; drop the salsa (green or red) on top and allover, sprinkle some low fat cheese (I use mexican,Oaxaca, but u can use the best lower fat option); spinkle more onion on top and bake for about 25-30 min. The ingredients are all cooked, so you are baking solely to warm up the salsa and melt the cheese. Once they are out, I cut into it like put some shredded lettuce, cilantro ontop. mmmmm

If your diet allows, I like to spray the tortillas with a little Extra Virgin olive oil (for moisture). That is up to you.
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like the caserole too but instead of rolling them, I put lay them flat as if making a mexican lasagna and using them as the noodles, haha! I feel this way when I cut them in squares I get less tortilla per serving.
  • NicoA1380
    NicoA1380 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm trying this tonight..... I'll let ya know how this goes. Pray for my cooking skills! Lol
  • gordis1028
    gordis1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.... It sounds Deliciosooo!! Thank you, I'll try these.:wink: