Increasing fiber

Does anyone have any tips on increasing fiber intake? I take a fiber supplement but it still isn’t any were near enough fiber.
I also cannot stand any of that gluten free bread or flax seeds. Blah!

Replies

• nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    I think chia seeds are great. I don't like flax either, I think I'm allergic to them too.

They are terrific ground up to make "pudding." You can add them to liquid (tea, juice, etc) to make a sort of gel. Or just sprinkle in yogurt, salads, etc.

They take on the flavor of what you put them in. An ounce has about 11g fiber, 4g protein and they're great for omega-3s too.

Edit to say these are not flax seeds. They are tiny black (or white) seeds that look like poppy seeds.
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    there is a lot of fiber in beans. you can put black beans on your salad. you can make some red beans and rice. those are my two favorite ways i like to get fiber.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    I second the beans and chia seeds. I add the chia seeds to my smoothies, but you could add them to a lot of things. They don't have much taste on their own, making them very versatile.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Yes, beans and chia seeds are good. Other grains like quinoa and rice are also great, as well as a lot of fruits and vegetables.