Beginning track

Options
Track is a really fun sport that I have done for years and years. but there is always a first for everything. if you are a beginner let me give a few tips to help ya out,
first: ALWAYS listen to the coach. I dont want to scare you away, but coaches are strict. they are way cool, but when it comes to succeeding every single coach will work you harder and harder so you can succeed. but trust me, each coach can be a cool coach.
second: wear comfortable clothes. dont wear clothes that you can get really hot in. you might end up getting heat rash. (big no no!)
try to wear a confortable fitting pair of basketball shorts or running shorts or whatever. dont let them be too long or you might end up being uncomfortable ( i learned this the hard way).
YOUR GOING TO SWEAT, so wear a shirt that will be comfortable when drenched in sweat. a heavy tshirt is NOT this kind of shirt. SHOES IS THE NUMBER ONE IMPORTANT THING FOR TRACK! get a very comfortable pair of shoes! you dont want to get shin splints or that crappy tearing feeling on you feet. you will need a pair of shoes that will make you run faster too. so no heavy shoes. wear ones that you are comfortable with.
and third: try your best! the first few days will be REALLY TOUGH. but it gets easier! trust me! its a great way to meet friends too.
the coaches will work you really hard but it will be WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!! but have fun! if your gonna be miserable all day because your doing this sport, stop doing the sport. you need to be somewhat happy to get good results. HAVE FUN!!!! you will love track!

P.S. people hate it when you show off. try not to look like your showing off. but dont act like a retard either.. have fun:)

Replies

• devariojay
    devariojay Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Track is awesome and yes I agree that the first 2 weeks are the hardest. After that however, it gets much easier.

I started running track back in Junior HS. Started competitively in the 11th grade and made my first national team in the 12th.

I now play rugby and track was very beneficial in my development.