Now just waiting for Insurance approval!!!!!

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 541 Member
Had appt with surgeons office today, all reports are in and I am good to go. They are submitting to Insurance now and will let me know when approved. I will then see surgeon for pre-op physical,, set the surg date and they will tell me when to start pre-op liquid diet. They are estimating surgery will be late Jan-early Feb at latest!!!

Down another 2 lbs today per their scale. Bought me some Bariatric Advantage calcium chews at their office.
I am so ready to do this!!!!!!! I am going to cruise thru these holidays with minimal partying and food temptations and the date will be here before I know it.

One quick question....is anyone taking lisinopril and/or simvistatin post op in pill form or is it too big. Can you get them in liquid form or can they be crushed? Just thought I would ask, gonna talk to the pharmacist anyway. Hope to not need much of it post op and will soon be able to stop taking them but will need in short term after surgery. Tks peeps!

Replies

• clblew
    clblew Posts: 30
    Options
    Yeah, it's getting closer for you!! I don't know if the meds are available in non-pill form. In our meetings, they said some meds can be crushed and mixed with your liquid (as long as it is a solid pill to start with). I have lucked out as I have gone from a shoe box full of meds (cholesterol, asthma, insulin resistance, sleep, anxiety) back in July to just getting to ok to quit my last one - the cholesterol - as my pre surg labs came back excellent. I would find out about the crushing. You can buy pill crushers at the pharmacy, or I used to put them in a little baggie and smack them with a meat tenderizer or hammer.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ask your pharmacist! Most likely they can both be crushed.
  • healthybabs
    Options
    OK, the waiting for approval part is painful!! It was submitted a month ago today. Will be calling doc tomorrow for a status. They told me BCBS approves in 2-3 wks but given the holidays I think a months wait is a good time to follow up.

On a side note, I did get to talk to my cousin Linda yesterday at the family funeral. She knew I had been thinking about surgery but didn't know how far along I was in the process. It was so great to talk to someone in person that knows and understands this whole process, the psychological aspects, food struggles and well all the stuff we all talk about here. She had her RNY 2/2012 and has lost 110. She is now in maintenance, looks fabulous and her whole persona is so upbeat and positive now. She said she feels like a whole new person. I wonder how I will seem "different" to my friends and family
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Yippee, just got my insurance letter today that they have approved my surgery. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow to schedule !!
    Took less than 3 weeks to get the approval!!