Very Helpful

I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis a little over a year ago and I tell you, it has been a struggle.First of all let me explain a little in case you don't know. Gastroparesis basically means my stomach empties slowly. So I feel full, bloated most of the time. At first I could only eat small amounts of yogurt, cream of rice cereal, water. And even then I was in alot of pain or throwing up etc. I don't know how many times I ended up at the hospital. After a zillion different tests and meds they finally found the problem. When I was first diagnosed I was told to eat several small meals (about 1/2 cup each) a day low fat and low fiber lots of calories so I don't lose more weight. (102 at the time) Which is mostly junk food. No help at all. Then I found this site http://livingwithgastroparesis.com/ and have been learning alot. I recommend it to anyone who has any kind of stomach issues.
My diet is 5-7 mini meals a day - low fat & low fiber, no raw veggies, nothing with a skin, peel, or shell. No berries, corn, popcorn, brocccoli, beans. I am gradually figuring out what I can eat that doesn't bother my stomach with the help and resources available from her site.
With all of the meds and the high calorie (mostly carbs) diet I was on I now weight more than I am comfortable with. So I find myself here. This site is amazing and so are the people. Thanks for listening and feel free to friend me.