What do you do for homecoming?

Options
So I'm nearing the end of my first deployment. It's been decent, all things considered. I know a lot of people do special stuff when their husband's come home but it's kinda tough because the date is secret until they arrive. I got one of those homecoming banners from buildasign.com and I bought his favorite beer. Other than that I'm a little at a loss. What do you guys do?

Replies

• lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So I'm nearing the end of my first deployment. It's been decent, all things considered. I know a lot of people do special stuff when their husband's come home but it's kinda tough because the date is secret until they arrive. I got one of those homecoming banners from buildasign.com and I bought his favorite beer. Other than that I'm a little at a loss. What do you guys do?

The last 2 times my husband came home from deployment I wasn't there to pick him up!
    The first time I had to pull over and vomit every mile or so (I was pregnant and horrible), so I missed the plane landing and everything! This 2nd time he surprised me by not telling me he was coming home and caught a ride home!!

So I've never really been able to plan or do anything special for his homecoming!!
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Hey my hubby used to go away for six / eight weeks at a time, three or four times per year. Every time i went to the air terminal to meet him i was just as nervous as the last time! He would try and surprise me by coming back early, but we both do the same job so i was always able to find out if he was able to get an earlier flight! I used to buy alot of beers and sweets for him, just things he wouldnt have had access to. And of course the house would be spotless, somehting usually done the previous day so i would be tired out enough to sleep before he got back ;-D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hey my hubby used to go away for six / eight weeks at a time, three or four times per year. Every time i went to the air terminal to meet him i was just as nervous as the last time! He would try and surprise me by coming back early, but we both do the same job so i was always able to find out if he was able to get an earlier flight! I used to buy alot of beers and sweets for him, just things he wouldnt have had access to. And of course the house would be spotless, somehting usually done the previous day so i would be tired out enough to sleep before he got back ;-D

Yup I deep-cleaned the house today. And since Christmas is coming up I learned to make his family's traditional Christmas rice pudding. Some of the other wives on our crew got vacations as a surprise, but this is his first deployment and I suspect he's going to want to sleep for about a week when he gets home.