INSANITY: The Asylum 1 vs The Asylum 2

Options
So, I'm on round 2 of INSANITY. I absolutely LOVE the program and how it's put together. But I do want to try other workouts. Fat loss workouts. And Shaun T. knows what he's doing! I have never done The Asylum workouts before. Don't own them. I've only seen them on infomercials. In my mind, I don't think it could be any different from INSANITY though. For those who know the difference, should I go for Volume 1 or straight to Volume 2? What's the difference?

Thank-You!
~Kristie

Replies

• emily_bird
    Options
    I have only done (or am doing) Asylum 1 . I recently asked someone who has done all 3 what the differences are and this is what she said: " Asylum Vol 1 and 2 is for the most part completely different than Insanity. Asylum 1 and 2 incorporates the agility ladder and speed rope into all the exercises. Yes some of the exercises you will recognize from insanity such as plank jacks, mountain climbers, switch kicks, etc but NOW you have to use the ladder which makes the moves even more challenging. For example, if you are doing plank jacks, you now have to do them with both feet in one box and do the plank jack without hitting the ladder. There are alot of different exercises that will be new but what to ME makes every move/exercise new is adding in the agility ladder because you have to learn how to navigate your way through the ladder while doing an agility heisman without hitting the ladder. "

One of the other differences is that Insanity is a 60 program, whereas Asylum is a 30 day program. I could be mistaken, but as far as I know, there are two stages or two levels of Insanity.Month 2 is harder than month 1.I'm in an Insanity group and some of the ladies are doing Insanity and will then be doing both Asylums.

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever programs you choose.