All I want for Christmas is...?

Options
2»

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Of course I too want a cure for cancer, for people that I know to all be in perfect health, world peace and for each and every one of you to get your wishes. That goes without saying.

But...

1. Like you, I would love to be able to say I make good money and I can have whatever I like, instead of I'm completely broke and will never, ever climb out of debt.
    2. I would like 2013 to be MY year in terms of conquering my weight issue
    3. I would like to decide on and work towards some goals in terms of a career or passion in life..whether it be to apply for my MA, change jobs, or get more involved in my work or community
    4. I would love to take a vacation
    5. I would like my boyfriend and I to fall more in love with each other every day.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    New gloves. It's cold here, and mine are torn.

Get "Ice Armor" gloves. Your hands will never be cold again!

**unless your talking about some fancy leather ones.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

No, nothing fancy. My current ones are knitted. I bought them for about 10 bucks. They were great for one winter!

--P
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Of course I too want a cure for cancer, for people that I know to all be in perfect health, world peace and for each and every one of you to get your wishes. That goes without saying.

But...

1. Like you, I would love to be able to say I make good money and I can have whatever I like, instead of I'm completely broke and will never, ever climb out of debt.
    2. I would like 2013 to be MY year in terms of conquering my weight issue
    3. I would like to decide on and work towards some goals in terms of a career or passion in life..whether it be to apply for my MA, change jobs, or get more involved in my work or community
    4. I would love to take a vacation
    5. I would like my boyfriend and I to fall more in love with each other every day.

You only get three wishes and none of those were used to wish for more wishes. As a mod, I think you need to delete your post. :wink:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

No, nothing fancy. My current ones are knitted. I bought them for about 10 bucks. They were great for one winter!

--P

Check them out then! I have the choppers and I swear to you my hands haven't been cold since I got them, and MN gets pretty cold. They have all kinds.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=910084&destination=/catalog/product.jsp?productId=726129&WTz_l=YMAL;IK-960505
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

--P

Check them out then! I have the choppers and I swear to you my hands haven't been cold since I got them, and MN gets pretty cold. They have all kinds.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=910084&destination=/catalog/product.jsp?productId=726129&WTz_l=YMAL;IK-960505

They're seriously the best! And when you clap in them you're going to be the loudest clapper in the room!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

--P

They're seriously the best! And when you clap in them you're going to be the loudest clapper in the room!

Ugh reminds me I need to go get some gloves and a hat or headband tonight since I am flying to MN tomorrow.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You only get three wishes and none of those were used to wish for more wishes. As a mod, I think you need to delete your post. :wink:

I did not read the rules, do not like rules anyway and am clearly very greedy! And I talk and write too much. Bad mod! BAD! :tongue:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    1. For the man I'm seeing to continue to be there for quite awhile.

2. I have been blessed with everything I need, so I will say some cosmetic home repairs. My sunroom could really use a new floor.

3. For my son to get through his "funk". There's something going on inside that little mind of his that nobody has been able to crack and it's breaking my heart to see him not as his normal self.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

--P

This makes me giggle. Im looking for a new pair of flip flops and its 82 degrees here
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm also one of the few blessed with a great career and financial stability so if I need something, I just get it. But here are mine

1 - to find a special man to love and have in my life
    2 - better health and less stress for my mom (she has a big heart and tends to take on other people's problems even though she's not really strong enough to do it)
    3 - my other family members get their crap together and start taking responsibility for their own lives (which will help #2 happen much easier)
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    Options
    2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy..

i want this for christmas, lolz

and a nye kiss would be nice too

If I lived in DC, my money wouldn't go nearly as far. I own a 1600 sq ft duplex 12 minutes from downtown. My total escrow payment on a 20-yr mortgage is about $400/mo less than the lease on a 1 br apartment in Arlington.

lolz but if u lived in dc ud make more right?
    Anything I really really want, I buy..

cant buy a nye kiss from someone who loves u :(
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    1. A boyfriend
    2. A better job
    3. New cell phone

lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy..

i want this for christmas, lolz

and a nye kiss would be nice too

If I lived in DC, my money wouldn't go nearly as far. I own a 1600 sq ft duplex 12 minutes from downtown. My total escrow payment on a 20-yr mortgage is about $400/mo less than the lease on a 1 br apartment in Arlington.

Anything I really really want, I buy..

Buy a puppy, get kisses. Man's best friend will always love you unconditionally.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Buy a puppy, get kisses. Man's best friend will always love you unconditionally.

I can attest to that! I get kisses every single day <3
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1. I want a job (a proper, full time one with benefits) that I enjoy
    2. eggnog and pumpkin flavored ice cream-- my stomach still rules me after all!
    3. I want my friends to have jobs (proper, full time ones with benefits) that they enjoy

if santa can give me 1 and 3, i think i can do without 2 :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    All I want is a new car, preferably a Cadillac ATS.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

The cost of living is about 30% higher, I'd spend at least an hour more per day commuting and I'd probably make 15% more in salary. I'd probably move for the right opportunity. Overall DC area >>>>>Springfield, IL. in terms of lifestyle for a single person.