Hello group

Options
allycat5723
allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
I was just thinking earlier today that I needed to find a new way to challenge myself. I am so excited about this group! I am recovering from a foot surgery I had November 8th. I have gained some weight due to the recovery process, and this will be perfect motivation to help me get back on track! Could someone please explain to me how to post photos? Thank you :)

Replies

• Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a group for 2013 so this is awesome! I'm 44 years old and I still have 65 pounds to lose. I have already seen the benefit of losing 20 pounds, as I'm in the process of getting off my high BP medications. :smile: I joined in early 2012 but didn't think I needed friends on here, but found out I did need support. I started getting serious in August and have not looked back. Good luck everyone now and in 2013 :flowerforyou:
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    im in! i need my ticker to keep moving cause its making me crazy just sitting there for so long, so close to the end...
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to do this challenge. I have already lost 50lb but I have another 30lb to go!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is what I need to get my mojo back! I lost my first 20lbs (back to pre-pregnancy weight) in Aug-Nov 2011, then regained it all after a torn meniscus derailed me. Now I've lost it again (yay), but my motivation is stalling and I'm getting lazy and eating too much junk. My goal for 2013 is to lose approximately 30-35lbs (at least), to make it to 140 by my 40th birthday in January 2014.

We can do this!!!
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Never hurts to have a group of people standing with you cheering you on so I'm in!! I ultimately have another 50 lbs to lose to get to my before 3 kids body. I love all the people that I walk through this journey with they motivate me and hold me accountable for my actions or lack of action. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a challenge with like minded people, plus my birthday is near end of March and I would love to get to goal by then, so big motivation for me
  • JustAmbie
    JustAmbie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I had a baby May 24th. I have really just started getting back into changing my lifestyle. I have been struggling with weight for several years. I have 9 more pounds to go to hit pre pregnancy weight and then 38 more after for goal. I am currently 197. I hope to be 179 by March 20, 2013. That will get me out of obese and into overweight category.
  • allycat5723
    Options
    I'm so excited to see you all here! I am 100% confident that every single one of us will completely rock this challenge and look stunning at the end! Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • notpregnant23
    notpregnant23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely in! i need something to help keep me motivated. a little embarrassed to post pictures, but as of now i'm starting out at 187 (i'm a shortie at 5'3) and my ultimate goal is 125.
  • allycat5723
    Options
    I suppose I should throw my stats out there while I'm thinking about it. I'm 5'1" and fluctuating between 142-144 pounds currently. My pre-pregnancy weight was 117, but I had no body strength. I'm looking to get to a strong and toned 125.
  • dweldon762
    dweldon762 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am just starting and I need lots of motivation. Im hoping I can get it here. I have a long way to go. Thanks
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm very motivated and will get there but i'm trying to do it without losing out on anything. if i feel like im missing out then i dont bother so i've been having the occasional christmas treat and big night out but my normal dinners and lunches are good informed choices and i work out alot. I'm ok posting my before photo so I will when its time.

I'm in maintenance throughout christmas so i can enjoy myself. My plan is to remain the exact same weight I am now for the next 3 weeks and then go back at it.

I also need to add that I havent yet shown anybody before photos on this site. I wasnt planning on doing a before and after until i'm at goal but that will be in 2013 so you lucky people will be the first to see my transformation.

Best of luck to all of you. Dont ever give up, giving up is the easy way out!
  • purplegates
    purplegates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, can't wait to get this started, going on a big holiday in April so this is exactly what I need to look fabulous in the pictures! :) just need to work out how to post pictures now...
  • BlueJue2
    Options
    Hi! This is my kind of group!!! I will need help posting a picture. I have read directions and tried it without success.
  • tashatro
    tashatro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm will also joining the challenge. I think it's a motivation to have more people working toward the same goal which is losing weight.
    I've been a while on MFP, but for personal reasons could not be all the time on it. Hope this year will be different.
    Anyway...wishing everybody succes on this mission and may the best win!!!
  • annajenine
    Options
    Hey!
    I am super excited to have joined this group! Lets all do our best together! I cant wait to see the results :)
  • brihodges
    brihodges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm super excited for this! Currently I'm really close to my 1st "mini goal" of 140 lbs. I'm hoping that by January to be working towards mini goal #2 and I think this is the perfect way to kick off phase 2!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Glad you made the new group.

I'm guessing format will be similar to the new years eve goal group?

Few questions

Weekly or monthly check in? / or just start / finish?

Will have a thread specifically for start photo/info?

I love the format in the other group, keps posts seperate and on track.
  • mermer315
    mermer315 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Glad to join this group, I need motivation to push through, especially until all the snow melts away! Feel free to add me!
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i am super excited about this!!! i started my weight loss journey at 320 pounds i am down to 207, and cant wait to see onderland ( again) haha had a rough few months lol!!! cant wait to get this started!