Straw, hay, twigs, barley, bran....."neighing" 12/14

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.livestrong.com/article/401402-what-does-an-increase-in-fiber-in-your-diet-mean/

Fiber wow how important it is! If you don't get enough you will soon find out! Constipation, poor absorption of nutrients, and/or cholesterol issue to name a few.
I am going to share I hope not TMI but I am going for a colonoscopy for issues I had as a young adult...not enough fiber and not listening to the body's ques of "I need to evacuate...like 5 hours ago!" LOL! I was told in my 20s that I needed to start eating a high fiber diet...I didn't get series though until my 30s but a high fiber diet has made a world of difference in my gastrointestinal tract and heeding the 'call'.
Please, read and consider changes in your diet....think about it your GI tract is your 2nd 'brain' if you will. Think how your GI tract controls sooooooooo many things...if something goes wrong there...it is all wrong everywhere!

Prunes anyone??? :D

Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Lets talk about poop. :laugh:

If you're not eating enough fiber there are several liquid options besides your grandma's nasty, grainy, disgusting Metamucil. Benefiber and Konsil are two options you won't even taste. (Also, Metamucil now makes better fiber options.)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Excellent read that I will hopefully heed. I did just get back from the grocery store where I purchased plenty of produce. I have a homemade Lemon Chicken Soup simmering in a crock pot and later I am going to make bread. I will look for a recipe that will have high fiber.

If you have any suggestions for a homemade bread high in fiber I am all ears (or in our case all eyes).
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    ... I have a homemade Lemon Chicken Soup simmering in a crock pot ......
    mmm - can I come to your house for dinner Lisa?

Fiber, fiber - got to have it and it's so easy to not get enough of it. Strange but true. I love popcorn for the fiber and the taste. But if you are going to up your fiber, you had better be sure you are drinking enough water. Don't want the system to not work because you are dehydrated too. It's all a balance system.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Started getting more fiber out of my veggies once I had to stop eating certain grains because of the wheat allergy (also means I can't have rye, barley, spelt, ect) So far have not needed fiber pills (unless it's a particularly off week, so I do keep them on hand) and thankfully I drink plenty of water too!!!