New to group

Options
Hello! I'm new to the Fabulous 40 group so I just wanted to say Hi! I joined MFP a while ago but haven't really done much with it. So...I'm looking to start using it more and using the group as motivation! I just turned 40 in March and need to get my butt in gear and lose some weight so I can be Fabulous too!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies! Thanks for letting me join in your journey!

Replies

• WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

My name is Deb and I look forward to seeing you around! =)
  • mhoup
    mhoup Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is really helping me get healthy!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new too, just goined.

I've used MFP for a long time, so I know it works when you use it. About 3 years ago I lost over 110 lbs, but due to life (started with divorce) I've put back on almost 50 lbs. So, gotta get it off. This time has proved to be the hardest. It seems like I'm always gonig 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I know how different I feel with the weight off, but just can't seem to get it done.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina, I've been on mft since Sept this year. I have 60 lbs to lose and will get it done eventually. I lost 110 lbs before and gained most of it back so I need to get rid of it. I am doing the 30 day shred, but had to take some time off due to sore knees.
  • graceann72
    Options
    Great to meet all you gals! It's nice to have some online friends to do this with!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started myself. Looking forward to using this....
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm CJ ... I've been on the group about two weeks but I never introduced myself. I've been a member of MFP since late Nov. and it's my new obsession. Love groups, love challenges.
  • Blevdeb
    Options
    Hi - My name is Deborah and I've been using MFP off and on for a while, but hadn't joined any groups - decided to dig in and use the tools fully. I'm middle 40's and with about 25 pounds to lose and a good deal of fitness to gain. I live in NW Indiana if anyone is from that area it would be great to hear from you - walks and bike rides are better with friends :).
  • ksmom4
    ksmom4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just turned 42 last month. I had major back surgery last year so my activity level plummeted to about nothing. I am still unable to do a lot,and will never be at the level that I w once was but I have accepted that. My first goal was to stop gaining and to at least maintain, which I have done that..now I am on to losing, and it will be a slow process for me due to my disabilities that I now have. I have found that if I log what I put in my mouth and weigh frequently that I do well. I look forward to hearing from others and their inspirations from their successes.
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Hello and welcome to you new fabulous ladies :-)
  • mosi66
    Options
    Just joined the group:flowerforyou:
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group too. My name is Sandy and I am 44. I have 43 pounds to lose and am always looking for more motivation to watch what I eat and keep exercising.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Welcome to the group. =)
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just joined today. I've been on MFP for about a year - off and on. Sounds like a great group of Ladies!
  • lrfrank65
    lrfrank65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I have started MFP a few times, but have never stuck to it. Story of my life really. I am pretty sure I have adult ADHD and am so impulsive at times that I totally forget that I am trying to watch what I eat. I could really use some friends to follow along with and for encouragement. Anyone willing to work with me?

Thanks, Lisa
  • tsloan
    tsloan Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammy. I'll try to get a pic up soon so you can recognize me. I need help with eating healthy. I have a hard time with thinking of things to eat that I will actually like or that my boys (husband and son) will eat. Wishing everyone hard work and dedication this year. Maybe this is the year!
  • tsloan
    Options
    @knight76306 - Hey you are already ahead of the game if you've done it before. You can do it again.:wink:
  • tsloan
    Options
    Not sure how this works. If I hit reply at bottom is it a new post? If I hit reply to someone's comment does it still show up at the top? I tried to reply to someone and it sent it to the bottom, so I added the @username to indicate who I was replying to.

Any tips.
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    @tsloan, you're doing it right... you can either do the '@' thing or click 'quote' at the bottom of the comment you would like to reply to and it will paste it in your comment.

I love this website for amazingly delicious recipes:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammy. I'll try to get a pic up soon so you can recognize me. I need help with eating healthy. I have a hard time with thinking of things to eat that I will actually like or that my boys (husband and son) will eat. Wishing everyone hard work and dedication this year. Maybe this is the year!

Hi Tammy, welcome! =)