sandy hook reaction

Options
Today was my last day of student teaching. The school was vibrant with laughter and learning. I struggled with tears at times with all the heartfelt cards and gifts that my students gave me. To be in middle school is to be such a genuine character. I love my students and I know one day they will grow up to be amazing human beings. I got to work under an amazing cooperating teacher who allowed me to flourish under her guidance and build the confidence that I did not have prior to walking into her classroom. In the back of my mind since I learned about the Sandy Hook tragedy was what if it had been my school today? What would have happened? My heart breaks for Newtown, but it does not detour me from pursuing my dream of being an educator. Children deserve dedicated and compassionate adults who believe in their dreams. Somehow, some way this shooter's soul was broken. To do something like this is something severely troubling, disturbing, and horrifying. Please let God protect those families and let them one day heal from this tragedy. God bless us, everyone for nothing is guaranteed in this life.

Replies

• jef3kat
    jef3kat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too teach Middle School ...Special Education and I feel sooo concerned for my students. This Newton tragedy really hit home hard for me... My heart is literally broken for those parents, the students, as well as the shooter... I know all toooo well students that have the same characteristics that they described. I am not saying that I have A student just like the shooter but I will say that they get overlooked and under helped every day!. I totally agree it only made me proud of my decision to teach and I am loving my first job this year! Onnnnn to skinny pants!