Holiday Treats

Options
So as we all know, the holidays are here. Along with the holidays come the high calorie, high fat goodies that make this time of the year almost perilous for those of us that are trying to keep our pants from bursting at the seams. What do you do to try and keep yourself from going overboard this time of year? Here are some things I try to keep in mind... Don't keep it in the house! This is a lesson I learned the other week while my husband was out of town. I had bought stocking stuffer candy and thought that if it was out of sight I would be fine... Oh how wrong I was! I found myself shoving down my 3rd chocolate turtle when I realized, "What am I doing?!?" I threw the rest of the candy in the garbage and decided that I will have to re-purchase those things on Christmas Eve to keep myself safe from a sugar induced coma. Another thing I have been doing is making sure that I DO let myself have a little something once a week, but I make sure to to track it and portion it. That way I am not going crazy because I have been depriving myself, but I am being responsible because I can see just how many calories I am ingesting and how much exercise I need to do in order to stay on track. Another trick for holiday meals... Grab a smaller plate. It really does make a difference. You are way less likely to load as much food on and let's face it, making repeated trips back to the food table is embarassing. Please give you input too! I need some new tricks up my sleeve:) Happy Holidays