what to expect

munozrd
munozrd Posts: 62 Member
I am new to doing this but, I think we can post how we are doing, and check weight and inches weekly. From what I understand, with the shred you get toned! Open to ideas though.

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    sounds good. I did the Shred back in Sep and it was awesome. Looking forward to doing it this time with my hubby. I am hoping to do it non-modified for the most part this time.
  • munozrd
    that is tough! But it sounds like a plan!
  • jessicamc90
    jessicamc90 Posts: 16 Member
    I am starting in Jan 2013 too. I did level 1 to see what it is like today and what I am getting myself into and oh my word its kills. I hope it will get easier and I stop having 5 sec breaks.

I can not do push ups tho no matter how hard I try.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    I am starting in Jan 2013 too. I did level 1 to see what it is like today and what I am getting myself into and oh my word its kills. I hope it will get easier and I stop having 5 sec breaks.

Start with wall pushups. Once you are up to doing them on the floor do them on your knees. You will get strong enough to do regular ones eventually. I have carpal tunnel in my wrists and it has taken me a while but I did my first set of inverted pushups the other day. You will get there too!
  • munozrd
    I like that advice, push ups are hard but, it is something you have to work your way up to. Does anyone have an idea of what else we can do to motivate each other until January?
  • amyc115
    amyc115 Posts: 32 Member
    Hello ladies! I'm really looking forward to getting started! I'm new here so any of you want to add me that would super!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member

Start with wall pushups. Once you are up to doing them on the floor do them on your knees. You will get strong enough to do regular ones eventually. I have carpal tunnel in my wrists and it has taken me a while but I did my first set of inverted pushups the other day. You will get there too!
    I never thought about wall pushups! Great idea!