so, what would you do?

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
there is a guy on match, that shows up in your matches, that you think sounds like a good match. you click "yes."

he looks at you, but doesn't do anything else ( no message or wink or anything)

your ability to email runs out today ( tonight?) that means you can't send or read emails after today.

i'm not asking what *I* should do, i'm asking what YOU would do :-) would you sit back and wait and see if he contacts you or would you send a message?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just say hi and friendly greeting with it.

May be just a lurker and if so then so be it.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'd just let it go. Even if he responds by midnight you'd have to give him either your phone number or email address tonight in order to stay in contact with him.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    there is a guy on match, that shows up in your matches, that you think sounds like a good match. you click "yes."

your ability to email runs out today ( tonight?) that means you can't send or read emails after today.

i'm not asking what *I* should do, i'm asking what YOU would do :-) would you sit back and wait and see if he contacts you or would you send a message?

You expressed interest in him (by clicking "yes"), he didn't respond. Don't be *that* person.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Just because he didn't say anything doesn't mean he's not interested. I'd send a quick message saying hi and that he caught your attention. There are some guys that I've seen look at me two or three times before emailing....not sure why, maybe shy? But, it happens.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Well you have nothing to lose, I would message anyways since you are asking what I would do in your situation.

However, since he has looked you over and not said anything, he probably isn't interested.

If you do say something, please god say something more than "hi".

Again, you have nothing to lose, might as well.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    so, if you clicked yes to a match, but she didn't message you after looking you over you'd assume she isn't interested, right? would you assume she's waiting for you to message her?

Well you have nothing to lose, I would message anyways since you are asking what I would do in your situation.

However, since he has looked you over and not said anything, he probably isn't interested.

If you do say something, please god say something more than "hi".

Again, you have nothing to lose, might as well.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    LOL! i'm already NOT that person, which is why i'm asking YOU what YOU would do :-) not what i should do.

i do not message guys. period. end of story.

does knowing that as of tonight your account is done change how you handle things??

i should have used the general THEY, but i'm a girl so i used a guy and he instead.

You expressed interest in him (by clicking "yes"), he didn't respond. Don't be *that* person.
  • zachatta
    Options
    so, if you clicked yes to a match, but she didn't message you after looking you over you'd assume she isn't interested, right? would you assume she's waiting for you to message her?

Me personally, again society has this stigma where men are deemed to initiate convo, so I would have messaged her if I was interested period. I would have already assumed she doesn't want to initiate convo.

I am saying, from a man's POV, if he viewed you and didn't say anything he is probably not interested.

Again however, you have nothing to lose, might as well? Especially since your account is about to expire?

EDIT: Further clarify, if I was in your situation I would just message because you have nothing to lose.

Worst case scenario he doesn't reply.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    ok, gotcha!
    do you always message girls you're interested in the first time you look at them?

oh, and i'm not messaging him. i don't message guys. i was just curious what other people would do. :-)

Me personally, again society has this stigma where men are deemed to initiate convo, so I would have messaged her if I was interested period. I would have already assumed she doesn't want to initiate convo.

I am saying, from a man's POV, if he viewed you and didn't say anything he is probably not interested.

Again however, you have nothing to lose, might as well? Especially since your account is about to expire?
  • 4themoney
    Options
    another question for guys i suppose. what do you do with the girls that you wink at, or mark as a favorite?
    what is supposed to happen there?? thx
  • zachatta
    Options
    ok, gotcha!
    do you always message girls you're interested in the first time you look at them?

oh, and i'm not messaging him. i don't message guys. i was just curious what other people would do. :-)

Hrm, that is fine, but seriously online dating is not real life. You don't have to apply some archaic standard to it.
    No man is going to look down on you for sending him a message. There are shy guys out there (although I don't understand how you can be shy in online dating since it is the internet, but apparently you are so I guess it is possible.)

Usually, my old tactics were different because women have an advantage in the online scene. For men you generally spam X amount of women, and you get filtered from there.
    another question for guys i suppose. what do you do with the girls that you wink at, or mark as a favorite?
    what is supposed to happen there?? thx

I guess he is showing interest, I have no idea why he didn't just message you.
    Feel free to send him a message.
    However I have no idea why you wouldn't just message him?

Worst case scenario in online dating: The person you messaged either ignores you, or gives you a rude inappropriate comment. Both scenarios do not spell the end of the world.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I would go for it..be fun, amusing, flirty..
    I have nothing to lose!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    oh i'm not shy, LOL! i'm the antithesis of shy. i'll talk to anyone about anything :-)
    yesterday i had a decently long conversation with a guy in the parking lot of the gym about my car.
    as he got in his car he said " i've never met a woman that knew something i didn't know about a car."

LOL!! so, yeah, i'm not shy. not anymore :-)

i guess i just figure if he's interested he'll message me. right? if he's not interested he won't...... at least that's how i have been thinking.... should i change my thinking?
  • zachatta
    Options
    oh i'm not shy, LOL! i'm the antithesis of shy. i'll talk to anyone about anything :-)
    yesterday i had a decently long conversation with a guy in the parking lot of the gym about my car.
    as he got in his car he said " i've never met a woman that knew something i didn't know about a car."

LOL!! so, yeah, i'm not shy. not anymore :-)

i guess i just figure if he's interested he'll message me. right? if he's not interested he won't...... at least that's how i have been thinking.... should i change my thinking?

Thats good then, I am sorry for implying you are shy!

Usually you are correct, a guy will talk to you if he is interested, but online dating is a bit different imo.
    You have much less to lose, it is close to anonymous, so if you message first you may increase
    your chances on finding someone. It is no guarantee though.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Agree.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Same here.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm typically the type of person who thinks if someone is interested they will make a move. And if they don't... Then I guess they weren't interested.
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    Options
    i wouldnt contact him if he looked at me and didnt act

guys r supposed to act

but if it was my last day i might email everyone in a new search, like last day heres my email see ya
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If he looked and didn't e-mail, I'd let it go.