Pregnancy Dreams

Options
shnoots
shnoots Posts: 82 Member
Okay, so I knew that pregnancy can lead to weird dreams, but I've always had a disturbingly active imagination so I wasn't too concerned. Holy crap. I've had at least 3 dreams in which I've managed to completely forget to breastfeed my baby. In one dream it turns out I had been in a coma for a few months after the birth. In another I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I just never ended up breastfeeding. I think these are the most obvious examples for me because I'm so nervous about learning to breastfeed.

Has anyone else here experienced some seriously effed up pregnancy dreams?

Replies

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes I have...I went to a morgue when I was 4 week pregnant and it did not make for any good dreams...not to mention losing things in dreams. I dreamed that I'm having a boy and then I'll dream that I'm having a girl...who knows. They are crazy dreams!
    It sounds like yours all have to do with anxiety about breastfeeding!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yep, soooooooo many weird/bad dreams:
    Left the baby at the shops
    Baby was way too small and kept slipping through my fingers
    Baby was way too smart and weird
    I even had one where my husband was actually gay and had sex with over 60 men... now that is bizarre...
    ummmmm what else, oh yeah the one where the baby had lobster claws - didn't turn out to be that bad though :shrug:

I wouldn't worry about it...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I can't remember any details, but I have had some incredibly vivid dreams, some baby-related, some not. I think it's just our hormones going crazy, nevermind our imaginations!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've had tons of crazy, vivid dreams, none of which have been baby related. Some were influenced by a tv show or movie I'd watched that day, and other times I wake up wondering where in the world my brain got the "inspiration" for that particular dream. And many nights, after I get up to pee the dream I had is not resumed but rather replaced by something completely different! Talk about waking up tired and confused :laugh::ohwell:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I've had tons of crazy, vivid dreams, none of which have been baby related. Some were influenced by a tv show or movie I'd watched that day, and other times I wake up wondering where in the world my brain got the "inspiration" for that particular dream. And many nights, after I get up to pee the dream I had is not resumed but rather replaced by something completely different! Talk about waking up tired and confused :laugh::ohwell:

Oh, you reminded me that I've had lots of vivid zombie dreams after watching The Walking Dead. Not really scary, just sort of, "Oh, I'm living in a post-apocalyptic world with more zombies than humans and - hang on a sec - I need to kill this zombie."
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh, you reminded me that I've had lots of vivid zombie dreams after watching The Walking Dead. Not really scary, just sort of, "Oh, I'm living in a post-apocalyptic world with more zombies than humans and - hang on a sec - I need to kill this zombie."

Me too! Granted, I've had zombie dreams before I started watching The Walking Dead, but they've just gotten worse. What sucks is that mine are scary :p Apparently, as much as I LOVE zombies, I'm terrified of them.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my son, I dreamed that there was a baby in the middle of a large fountain wrapped tightly in a blanket. The fountain was in a round room. I was trying to get to the baby, and my husband was walking around the outside of the room until he found a hallway. I was panicked and screaming for him to come and help me. He took off running down the hall. I was so mad with him when I woke up that I didn't talk to him for almost a week. When he found out why I was so angry with him, he couldn't stop laughing, which didn't exactly make me less angry!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've really only had one dream where I can say it's definitely pregnancy related. I had just given birth but I was still greeting my family in the lobby (where my husband was, i don't know) and they kept moving the labor and delviery floor. When I finally get there, I go to the nursery to pick up my baby and they hand me a puppy instead. In my head I say, "I did not give birth to a puppy" and yet I think, "Yay! At least I know how to take care of a puppy!".

Other weird dreams and a strange resurgance of waitressing dreams.

What's weird is that one of my first pregnancy symptoms was vivid dreams. I've been having them since before I even took a pregnancy test!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    There are many nights I wake up screaming and crying because of these weird *kitten* dreams!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    wow I'm glad to say I haven't experienced this yet. I do have dreams but most are just odd. I find it amusing that whenever I dream of the baby she is as white as I am and has no Puerto Rican characteristics....I have also had a few that we adopted a kid before she is born
  • RBXChas
    Options
    wow I'm glad to say I haven't experienced this yet. I do have dreams but most are just odd. I find it amusing that whenever I dream of the baby she is as white as I am and has no Puerto Rican characteristics....I have also had a few that we adopted a kid before she is born

Well, that happened to a friend of mine (the adoption thing, not the skin color thing). Of course he and his wife were in the process of adopting, and shortly after confirming the adoption of a baby girl, they found out the wife was pregnant! They had tried for years and were told there was no way they could ever have their own child, so it was more than a bit of a surprise!

They had prayed about it, asking for one or the other to happen, and they got both. That's pretty amazing, whether or not you are religious!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have heard stories like that a lot before. And you are right, it is pretty amazing!