my apologies to all i have offended

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
i choose to leave this group this AM and did so.
one of our lessons today in church was on the importance of forgiveness.
so, i had to rejoin in order to post this. i will leave again after i do.

i do apologize to any and all that i offended with any of my remarks.
you don't have to acknowledge this or reply.
just know that i am sincere in my apology.

if i offended, or hurt you, in any way, shape, or form, i am sorry.

take care!!

Replies

• will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I must have missed something....where did this come from?
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Awh..

:frown:

It's a shame that this keeps happening!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the education thread.

4themoney... as soon as the thread started getting heated, I stopped reading. So, not sure what all was said, but I understand if you feel a need to back away. I enjoy your views, even when we don't agree on topics, so you will be missed. ....and, unfortunately assuming this will be unread will send a fr because I'd like to stay in touch. :flowerforyou:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    4themoney-I appreciate the perspective you have about forgiveness. A very beautiful mindset. I can't seem to recall a time that you offended me. Hope you stick around!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    4themoney-I appreciate the perspective you have about forgiveness. A very beautiful mindset. I can't seem to recall a time that you offended me. Hope you stick around!

x2. It's good to be reminded about the importance of forgiveness, especially at this time of the year, which is always a little fraught. Thank you for that.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, 4themoney it sucks that you are leaving but I am so over the drama of people feeling the need to leave publicly and loudly over misunderstandings.

You said what you said and some people disagreed with you, that's going to happen. I think it sucks that you are leaving because your posts were very interesting and while I didn't always agree with you myself I thought you added a lot of flavor that was appreciated.

This isn't the purpose of the debates that are happening and I think it's ridiculous how so many people are insisting on taking it personally.

EDIT: Yes, for the record, I think the debates are less drama (as they result in more education and critical thinking) than the people that cry about it constantly.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about but you're forgiven. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about

yup
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Why are people so scared about discussions on the internet?

This is a singles group yes, however within this group it is very unlikely that you are going to hook up with someone, unless you have no problem traveling a good distance (and if you are one of those, I am not insulting you).

So what other purpose does this group have? It is made for singles to share experiences/advice? When people share conflicting things conflicts happen?

What do people expect from this group exactly?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

This is a singles group yes, however within this group it is very unlikely that you are going to hook up with someone, unless you have no problem traveling a good distance (and if you are one of those, I am not insulting you).

So what other purpose does this group have? It is made for singles to share experiences/advice? When people share conflicting things conflicts happen?

I'm just waiting until everyone gets the dream body they always wanted and we meet for the group orgy.
  • zachatta
    Options

I'm just waiting until everyone gets the dream body they always wanted and we meet for the group orgy.

hahahaha, Yeah I have been perfecting my birthday suit for that very occasion as well!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

That's a good question Zach.

I think the main reason I come here is because I have time on my hands. And talking to 'like minded' singles about our status has produced empathy, laughs and insight.

It's been an interesting group; different ages, different cultures, different mind sets, different view points. When those things are delivered with fun, ease and friendship, it's cool. When it gets verbose, flippant and rude, it's not.

I dont come here to argue. I come here for respite. I'm not that confrontational/argumentative IRL (unless I really am upset!!) so it's not an interesting pastime to me. I'd rather get to know people and cultures in a more chilled out manner. But hey, I do believe that if a thread isnt sitting right with me, then I can choose not to read it. And I'm totally respectful of people that love to debate into oblivion..............and beyond!! lol :flowerforyou:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    But hey, I do believe that if a thread isnt sitting right with me, then I can choose not to read it. And I'm totally respectful of people that love to debate into oblivion..............and beyond!! lol :flowerforyou:
    And the prize for the longest posts goes to............................:laugh: :flowerforyou:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: Sorry, Anna! "To oblivion... and beyond!" will be my new catch-phrase :happy: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i'm kinda back as of now.
    it has nothing to do with people disagreeing. it has everything to do with stepping away and not engaging.
    but, i needed to make sure i made my apologies before i left. i wasn't trying to make a public statement, but i was leaving and had no plans on coming back or ever reading this thread. so, i wanted people to know that.

i'm back to ask a question. i don't know that i'll stay. this time of the year sucks for me and often the internet makes it a thousand times worse.
  • zachatta
    Options
    it has nothing to do with people disagreeing. it has everything to do with stepping away and not engaging.
    but, i needed to make sure i made my apologies before i left. i wasn't trying to make a public statement, but i was leaving and had no plans on coming back or ever reading this thread. so, i wanted people to know that.

i'm back to ask a question. i don't know that i'll stay. this time of the year sucks for me and often the internet makes it a thousand times worse.

It is ok. Welcome back. You don't have to come back just for a question, I am assuming you are more than welcome to be apart of the group.

I hope you are feeling better.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I absolutely understand about how this time of year sucks. I've been a little more sparse around here and Facebook for that reason as well. Just a little funk that will works itself out in a couple weeks. Like Zach said, you don't have to come back for just a question. Glad to see you. :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    thank you :-)
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    She's only here for the money...
  • 4themoney
    Options
    exactly!