Need Support

Options
Hi all, My name is Bailey and I am a 30 year old wife and mother of 2. I am a Special Educator and a Zumba Instructor. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Throughout my life, I have lost and gained more pounds than I can count. I am 5'8'' and weighed my highest weight, 330lbs, almost 2 years ago. Since then, I was able to get down to 249lbs, but started gaining weight again and got back up to 278lbs. I am a food addict.
I am determined to get out of the 200's. I have been focused for a week and have lost 5lbs, now at 273lbs. I desperately want to be healthy. I want to be able to eat without over doing it all the time. I want to be in control of my life. I have the exercise part under control. I love the gym and am in there 4-6 times a week. I love group exercise classes. I love weight training. I love Zumba and I love to teach Zumba classes. I have been told that people feel comfortable in my classes because I am a bigger girl. But instead of being comforted by this, I just feel fat.
I will win this battle. I need support from people who understand my struggle. Please friend me and we can support each other!
:happy: Bailey

Replies

• lavallee
    Options
    I am just like you, just not Zumba instructor and don't work out as often. My husband and I are high school teachers in Florida. I teach history and he teaches law. He was special Ed, but had the opportunity to move. We both are overweight. I am 225 and 44 years old. We both love food, so it is very hard to diet. I will friend ya so we can talk shop and support each other:)
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh do I know your pain!! I am 5'9 and my biggest was a size 24 ( I dont remember a weight cause at that point in life I wouldnt have gotten on a scale) Currently I am a size 18 and even down into a 14-16 depedent on the clothes. The only reason I say 18 is that I put on some roundness being so busy in Nov/Dec I chose to take time away from the gym and now my size 16 pants are killer tight. Ugh!

I am currently 271 lbs ( I NEVER SAY THIS OUT LOUD! But its time i do!) and this depresses me! I have been tracking and eating well for the last week and my scale told me this morning 275.. so either I need a new scale or something is up!

I hope I can support you as I need it as well! The best support you can find is one who completely understands you! I do do this!