Tall, morbidly obese and in need of support!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• BadKnee150
    Options
    Hey - 5'11" & max weight of 285 lbs. Now at 210 lbs. I was always told I didn't look fat due to my height. If you would like to talk to someone about gallblader surgery, my husband went through that last year (1.5 weeks before our destination wedding!). No more back pain, minimal side effect (little trouble eating high fat foods... but that doesn't really stop him... probably should though)
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am sure you can do this Veronica. My starting weight was 302 and I understand how you feel. I am 37 years old and I was always healthy until I had to start blood pressure medicine and then within 6 months I had lower back surgery and umbilical hernia surgey. I have felt like I am falling apart. However those were a couple of years ago and I am on a mission to lose weight. My biggest problem is that I don't like much that is good for you, but I have been trying so we will see. I will add you to my friends, I can always use another one. Good luck to you!!
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Can I just say though that you are absolutely beautiful....... you have a doll face! I was over 300 pounds at one time in my life as well, and just like you i was in such extreme denial. Much for the same reason, everyone told me I wore it well and that I was attractive and so I was like "OHHHH girl I look good.......". Then one day I woke up and it became clear to me. I ended up having gastric bypass surgery in 2000. I'm not saying that's the way to go, but that's the way i went. I lost 211 pounds, but there was a price to pay for that, i have some health problems as a result. Sigh. I've always struggled w/weight and still do. I love it when people tell me how thin I am and how I just wouldn't "understand" their weight problems.........um, OK. Every day is a struggle, and I still see myself as fat, it's very psychological......
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at YouTube for some alternative workouts?

In YouTube enter search 'workouts sitting down', you'll be amazed and delighted at what you find.