Rejected piercings

Options
megmay2591
megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
Hello, I've had 6 piercing before I decided to get my triple helix done. Unfortunately , the piercer I had gone to before was not there on the day I got my triple helix done. 1 month after I got the piercing, the bottom piercing rejected, 1 month after that (about 3-4 weeks ago) the second piercing rejected.

The top piercing has not had any problems and was mostly healed before the first piercing rejected. I've decided to wait a few more weeks to get the other two holes re-pierced. I'm definitely going when the reliable piercer is working.

Before this, I'd never had any problems with my piercings, they always healed. It sucks to reject two piercings within a month.

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've never had a piercing completely reject before I removed it. I had 2 surface piercings on my stomach that STARTED rejecting though (done by 2 different piercers). It's not always because of who does them. All of my other piercings (had 11 at the time) were done at the same shop and were perfectly fine. I think it all depends on where you get them and how your body takes to them, to whether they will heal or not.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Surface piercings are a little more prone to rejection though. Even right after I got the two piercings that were rejected, they seemed too close to the edge of my ear...not enough flesh to heal around it. They're looking way better and I'm going to get them re-pierced right after the new year.

It may have been the fact that they were hoops, and all of my piercings have initially been with studs. The other piercings caught on each other.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've had a few of the dermal anchors reject. Worse, though, was when one of the caps came off one that was in the center of my ribcage sort of integrated with a tattoo design. I waited too long to replace it and the skin grew over the top. After that, I waited even longer until a thick scar tissue formed over it.

Eventually, I let a piercer carve it out with a scalpel. It took him like 45 minutes.

Moral of the story - don't be an idiot. :)
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    I think its the body..I had my eyebrows done 4 times when I was 18..2 on each side and all 4 grew out(one on each side at a time, giving time to heal before the next one)..now left with 4 scars in addition to the one i already had on my eyebrow :)

material doesnt seem to matter..had some done with surgical steel basic ones and titanium.