Seated rows with free weights? How?

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
I keep reading about different routines that folks do and an exercise I keep seeing mentioned for women to do is "seated rows"... this is somehow done with free weights? Can you describe how? I do standing upright rows. Is this somehow the same? Inquiring mind here wants to know.

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Seated rows are typically done on a cable machine or with a resistance band. I can't for the life of me picture how to do it with free weights without looking like a complete spazzo! Haha
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Seated rows are typically done on a cable machine or with a resistance band. I can't for the life of me picture how to do it with free weights without looking like a complete spazzo! Haha

Neither could I, but it kept coming up in reference to the New Rules of Lifting for Women routines & I thought that was all about free weight lifting... so imagine my consternation trying to picture it. LOL
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Here is an example. Week 1, Friday routine, seated rows for your back. Yeah right. I notice he didn't put a picture up with that mysterious one either.

Friday Stage 1 Workout A

Muscle Exercise Name Timer Reps Sets Track
    Upper Legs
    Barbell Squat 60 sec 15 2
    Chest
    Push Up 60 sec 15 2
    Back
    Seated Row 60 sec 15 2
    Upper Legs
    Step-Up 60 sec 15 2
    Upper Legs
    Prone Jack Knife 60 sec 15 2

http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=6695
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bent over rows with barbell or ezcurl bar. then isolate with one hand and knee on the bench while lifting with opposite hand in a bent over row. doooooo it!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Neither could I, but it kept coming up in reference to the New Rules of Lifting for Women routines & I thought that was all about free weight lifting... so imagine my consternation trying to picture it. LOL

New Rules of Lifting for Women has all kind of exercises, free weights compound, iso and some machines