Why am I so turned off by an uneducated man?

Options

Replies

• afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I prefer them not so nerdy; HOWEVER, I do prefer someone who can hold an intelligent conversation. Not just xbox, movies and s*x.

Let me re-phrase that.

Not just xbox and movies.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I prefer them not so nerdy; HOWEVER, I do prefer someone who can hold an intelligent conversation. Not just xbox, movies and s*x.

What qualifies as intelligent conversation?? Talking about your education??
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Intelligent conversation can mean different things to different people.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Man I had it all wrong....I thought women all wanted a brainless guy with a 3lb **** that could make them laugh...for the record, I hope im not brainless, I find myself funny but alas, I do NOT have the mythical 3 pounder!

So do you ladies prefer the intelligence for the conversation/having someone that can intellectually challenge you/the earning potential and where does intelligence figure into your grand scheme of things?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I am down with the nerds. We can discuss anything from Assassins Creed to The Hobbit to Green Lantern to politics to genetic manipulation... happiness <3
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I am down with the nerds. We can discuss anything from Assassins Creed to The Hobbit to Green Lantern to politics to genetic manipulation... happiness <3
    The ladies who haven't found themselves a nerd are just culturally frustrated without even knowing it...
  • lacroyx
    Options

Yes! Totally! I remember a while back there was this HUGE debate in the Chit Chat forum of MFP. The discussion was whether Batman is considered a superhero or just regular non-super hero. It went on for many pages arguing for and against both sides. :laugh:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I am highly educated and thanks to SB have increased my vocabulabary today. I can hold intelligent conversations as I am replete with interests ranging from boobs to sex!

I am also astute as I realized that Boobs to Sex could be marked alphabetically as BS and it makes me think BS is now underrated.

I also noticed that SB is BS backwards and lets face it the S is usually more interesting than the B. It makes me wonder what SB was thinking about when she created her screen name?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Yes! Totally! I remember a while back there was this HUGE debate in the Chit Chat forum of MFP. The discussion was whether Batman is considered a superhero or just regular non-super hero. It went on for many pages arguing for and against both sides. :laugh:

Omg remember that arguement lol...

The reason I like my men to have a nerdy side is because sooner or later any guy I date is gonna meet my nerdy side.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Intelligent conversation can mean different things to different people.

Thank you lacroyx.

Poncho- no, not about my education. It's about being able to SPEAK intelligently, your response and the conversation flow.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Clearly he's a regular hero seeing as he doesn't have any actual super powers.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Oh Great. Another thread is about to turn into an argument.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

mwahaha.gif It seems to be my super power!
  • lacroyx
    Options

lol. It just depends on your viewpoint. Some say you need super powers to qualify while others disagree. He is incredibly smart, has tons of cool gadgets, an expert in many forms of combat, fights criminals with super powers on a regular basis, but as Kitsune says, he doesn't have any super powers. Thus, by that definition, he isn't a superhero. Besides, he doesn't need to be a superhero, he's Batman. batman.gif
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

lol. It just depends on your viewpoint. Some say you need super powers to qualify while others disagree. He is incredibly smart, has tons of cool gadgets, an expert in many forms of combat, fights criminals with super powers on a regular basis, but as Kitsune says, he doesn't have any super powers. Thus, by that definition, he isn't a superhero. Besides, he doesn't need to be a superhero, he's Batman. batman.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: batman.gif Ever think about moving to So Cal? Hahaha
  • lacroyx
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: batman.gif Ever think about moving to So Cal? Hahaha
    Though I was born there, Seattle's weather has made it too warm for me now. However, I do visit So Cal for a couple of weeks around July every year for this comic convention thing. :bigsmile:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I am highly educated and thanks to SB have increased my vocabulabary today. I can hold intelligent conversations as I am replete with interests ranging from boobs to sex!

I am also astute as I realized that Boobs to Sex could be marked alphabetically as BS and it makes me think BS is now underrated.

I also noticed that SB is BS backwards and lets face it the S is usually more interesting than the B. It makes me wonder what SB was thinking about when she created her screen name?

Well I don't know what I have done to deserve such veneration, but I'll take it!
    As for SB...well I do tend to think about sex extremely often...and definitely have boobs....so..
    It could stand for silly b1tch too though!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    A guy has to be smart. And when I say smart, I mean sharp, witty, emotionally intelligent, and not vapid.

As for education, or lack thereof, neither is really a deal-breaker. However, if a guy is stuck in a job at the Dollar Store(just some random example) making minimum wage and doesn't plan to do anything to change it... Count me out. It's all about being motivated.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A guy has to be smart. And when I say smart, I mean sharp, witty, emotionally intelligent, and not vapid.

As for education, or lack thereof, neither is really a deal-breaker. However, if a guy is stuck in a job at the Dollar Store(just some random example) making minimum wage and doesn't plan to do anything to change it... Count me out. It's all about being motivated.

Education is somewhat irrelevant right now (depending on your age). More than half of all recent college graduates (since 2006) are either unemployed or underemployed in the US. Western Europe has a lot of unemployment and underemployment in their college grads under 30.

The older singles in this group probably won't encounter this segment of the population, but this is normal amongst those in their 20s. I think male graduates have been harder hit than female graduates.

So a woman like Sam, who is 21, might see a guy like 22-26 who has a college degree but is a barista at Starbucks or stocking shelves at Walmart. These are the victims of the economy. I called this type of thing a tragedy on another thread in here and was slightly vilified for it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I take people as I find them. I can think of a million more important attributes on which to judge someone.

:flowerforyou: