New here

Options
pkdarlin
pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
Hi to everyone! I'm new here and thought I would tell a little about myself. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last Sept. 2011. I had surgery in Jan. of 2012 and they got it all. Just got finished with chemo and radiation so still a little tired on some days. I'm trying hard to get my eating habits healthy and this seems like a good site to be at. Anyway glad to be here with this group of people.

Replies

• survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on finishing treatment, its a long, hard road. Be patient and give yourself time to get strong again. Someone told me back when I was doing mine to give yourself minimum of a year to start feeling strong again. I am 12 years a survivor. Feel free to talk to me or ask any questions.
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love to hear 12 years survivor. Thanks for sharing with me. I do feel a little down at times because I want to do so much in my day but I get tired. I have been walking 2miles about 4-5 times a week.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Your body has been through an amazing ordeal. Getting back to feeling good takes a lot of time, its a slow process. Even though we are healed externally, it takes a lot longer to heal internally. Be proud of where you are! Have a happy, healthy New Year!!! Rosemarie