Prayers/Support - Priests of Newton, CT

Options
JamieSK
JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
All,
I read this today and was moved to tears...needless to say my card went out in the mail today.

http://rcspiritualdirection.com/blog/2012/12/20/prayer-request-opportunity-to-help-newton-ct-priests-faithful?utm_source=Catholic+Spiritual+Direction+blog&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ead2049fd2-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN

Please keep the Fr. Luke & Msgr. Weiss in your prayers and if you feel called by all means send them a greeting.

God Bless,
Jamie

Sorry for the repeat but I think it's worth it. :0)

Replies

• freder1ck
    freder1ck Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Our card goes out today!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand! Who is making these threats and what is their issue? Poor Fr. Luke is trying to do what any priest in his position is supposed to do and certainly as the families have asked of him. He is grieving with these families, the town and our whole nation! Fr. Luke did not commit this horrific act! Can someone please explain this to me! It makes no more sense than a young man taking a gun into an elementary school with the intent to take innocent lives!
    My Christmas card has been sent and the prayers are continuing here in Tennessee.
  • mickeyskinnyjeans
    mickeyskinnyjeans Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, our kind words are on the way too.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You would only need to speak to my atheist cousin Mike for a couple of minutes to understand the pure, visceral hatred of Christ's Church that is now being made visible throughout our culture.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard for me to imagine or grasp people making threats too however as Ora noted many hate the Catholic church and it's truth...the workings of the devil.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just received an e-mail from CatholicVote regarding the response to the request for cards and letters for the priests of St Rose of Lima Parish in Newtown, CT. Here's the text of the e-mail:

Dear Friend of CV,

Three weeks ago we asked the CV community to send letters to the priests in Newtown.

And you delivered!

Just look at that photo!

You can see the boxes and boxes full of mail that have arrived at the parish rectory in Newtown, Connecticut. This is just some of the mail that they have received.

In response to the horrible massacre, you and thousands of other families responded with prayers, love and solidarity for the three priests trying to provide solace to the people in this New England town.

More than anything else, this is precisely what the people of Newtown need the most: the peace and hope that comes from Jesus Christ.

Never underestimate the power of a simple, modest gesture – especially when it's compounded thousands of times from people all across this great country.

This is what the CV community is all about.

May God bless you and your family in this New Year,

Brian
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Okay, I teared up when I read this. That is awesome! And one of those little cards was from me. And one from orapronobis. And Mickey. And thousands more!! Thanks for sharing this!