Do you count black/green tea as water intake?

Options
aditifoodie
aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
I do, especially because I find it very difficult to drink plain water in cold weather, and I have heard a lot about the benefits of black and green tea?

Actually I even count chhach ( buttermilk ) as my water intake as I make it extremely watery and have three glasses with just 2 spoonful of yogurt and extremely low amount of salt, mint and cumin.

What about others? Do you do the same or not?

Replies

• deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I count it separately and I hope that my diary entry will shame me into drinking more water. I find it hard to drink even 4-5 glasses of water in a day.
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    If I didn count it then even I would be unable to drink more than 4...esp after moving out of mumbai, adjusting to colder weather is proving difficult for my water intake.
  • abhirvg
    abhirvg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would strongly suggest increasing your intake of plain filtered or mineral water little at a time. Green tea does have its benefits and so does many others. However, clear water is immensely essential for our natural detoxification process and nothing can replace it. We are all slaves to habit and practice. You hate celery today, you practice, little at a time and you love it after sometime. Same goes to water. I cannot overstate the importance of water and also the necessity to reduce other forms of liquid intake, even though they are supposedly healthy. 64 oz of clear water a day, will help with almost all problems, ranging from weight to skin and hair issues. Healthy weight loss comes from lifestyle changes. Good luck
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    Starting from today, I will count only water as water.
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried drinking warm water? Just water warmed up. My mom drinks it all the time. You could get used to it by drinking half a cup at a time and it would warm you up also in the cold weather. Especially in the morning on an empty stomach, it can work wonders!!!
  • abhirvg
    abhirvg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was in India, I used to drink 8 oz of almost hot water with half a lemon, a teaspoon of honey, 10 drops of raw ginger juice, first thing in the morning, one hour before breakfast. Sometimes I would use triphala powder soaked overnight in the water, boil that water the next moring, strain, then add lemon juice and the other ingredients. I learnt this from people around me and baba Ramdev. According to some people, this works as a metabolism booster as well as stomach detox. Well, I dont know how it works, but it didn't taste good to me, I wasn't hungry atleast for 1 and a half hour. I did lose weight, but cannot claim whether it was because of this potion, or something else. Just felt like sharing!
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    I drink a big glass of warm water with a amla-alovera juice concentrate first thing in the morning. And rest of my water throughout the day, I just have lukewarm water.

The lemon thing I have heard a lot, detox and all but I just cant stand lime/lemon juice in water. Makes me nauseous even with honey.

My brother tells me that the lemon water makes his BM in the morning prob free. Lol
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    For the first time, I actually had 8 whole glasses of plain water during the day and gotta say, I feel much better. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I mean its not the wt loss but ya my system feels good. I feel lighter, if that makes sense...lol maybe its psychological.
  • pratimaram
    Options
    That's GREAT!! It's amazing what plain water can do for us!! It is a great detoxifier.
  • FabnFit2013
    FabnFit2013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    how many ounces are we taking about in a day ?
  • pratimaram
    Options
    Eight glasses of eight ounces per day on a normal day. Usually more if you are exercising...
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I add the green tea in total water intake whenever I have water.

I recently started having trifla in the way mentioned above, I don't about losing weight but man.. my blemishes are reducing after having it.

But it tastes horrible!
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i prepare a green tea concentrate with 1 spoon of cranberry juice and add it to 2 litre of water; thus ensuring i drink atleast that much water through the day.
    i used to add lemon also; however i was informed that too much lime juice is not good for women as it starts affecting the bone density.