Intro

Options
My name is Sara, I'm 24 years old, and I live in western WA state :) I have about 75 lbs to lose to fit into my bridesmaids gown for my aunts wedding on July 14- I've always ran to smaller clothing sizes than what most other women my height and weight wear (5' 5"; size tight 18, currently). .. And my gown is a size 10- I loved Shaun T. During Hip Hop Abs and I'm excited to do this! :)

Replies

• sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ps- July 14 is also my birthday, so I have a double incentive :p
  • elise1085
    elise1085 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good count me in :)
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.I had my daughter 3 months ago and I'm on my first round of Insanity.Need to shift this baby weight and get back into my clothes!!I am starting my second week of Insanity.Looking forward to hearing how everyone is going with their insanity workouts :)
  • Islandfit4life
    Options
    Hello, My birthday is also July 14! High Five!!!!! I did Brazil Butt Lift and Turbo Fire and lots of Running in 2012 and finished the year with Exotic Dance and Pole, I lost 20 lbs. Now I want to lose 25lbs to finish out my goals.
  • RoseDarrett
    Options
    Hello, My birthday is also July 14! High Five!!!!! I did Brazil Butt Lift and Turbo Fire and lots of Running in 2012 and finished the year with Exotic Dance and Pole, I lost 20 lbs. Now I want to lose 25lbs to finish out my goals.

What is TURBOFIRE like?
  • Christabiss
    Options
    My name is Christa, I'm 30 years old, and my husband and I plan on starting Insanity in 2013. *I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred by JM and need to finish that first! I look tighter from 30DS and my strength and endurance are better, but my weight and inches are still the same so not quite the results I had wanted. I'm thinking Insanity will kick it up a bit :) I'll post my measurements when I start!
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cynthia and I'm actually on day 13 of Insanity but I'm sure I'll continue it into the new year and possibly even further than the 60 days.
    How is the 30 day shred by the way? I was thinking about trying that next.
    Or has anyone done p90x? That's another one of my options when I'm done Insanity.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys ,
    My name is John and I just finished up day 54 . With 9 more days on my calender . I'm planning on doing Month 2 again starting on the 7th...

If you guys have any questions or concerns give me a shout . I'll be here with you all.
  • RoseDarrett
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cynthia and I'm actually on day 13 of Insanity but I'm sure I'll continue it into the new year and possibly even further than the 60 days.
    Or has anyone done p90x? That's another one of my options when I'm done Insanity.

Hey there Cynthia.I have done P90x.I did a round of it after I had my second baby.It was amazing!!It totally worked for me.I got definition.Great arms and I lost weight and toned up on it(flabby tummy gone and I had a c-section,that's saying something!!).I went from having baby weight back to size 4 jeans.I'll be doing a round after I'm done Insanity.I totally recommend it.You'll find after doing Insanity though that the plyo won't be anywhere near as intense as what Insanity is.I have nothing but good things to say about iP90x :)
  • KarateChicky
    KarateChicky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! My name is Sandy and I just finished up day 53 of Insanity and will be starting another round in the new year. Why? Cuz I wanna look good! I still have a good 30 lbs to lose.... I wish everyone success with this program... It's tough as nails.

I'm 5'2" if I stretch really hard!

Good luck everybody!
  • KarateChicky
    Options
    Oh... and I'm 41 years old.... Am I the oldest!?!!! No fair!!! lol
  • KarateChicky
    Options
    I'm not far behind you John!!!!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jen and I NEED to join this group. I started Insanity in the beginning of December and got through about 2 1/2 weeks and then got really busy over the holidays and got sick on top of it all. So I have decided to start over and kick butt this time - NO missed workouts and NO excuses! I would love to lose approximately 30 lbs to get to my goal weight of 130lbs, but I am mainly looking to feel good in my own skin and be happy with how I look. So here are my results (really sucky after reading the other results):
    Switch Kicks: 78
    Power Jacks: 32
    Power Knees: 68
    Power Jumps: 16
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 12
    Pushup Jacks: 8
    Lower Plank Obliques: 25

Looking forward to seeing some "insane" numbers in 60 days! :happy:
  • acain123
    Options
    Hi there! In 2011 my husband and I finished p90x and then Insanity. I followed the diet that came with it and lost 37 lbs. I did not keep up with it, though, and by the middle of last year I had gained every lb. back, unfortunately. We started p90x again in Oct. and managed to finish up the first two months, until the holidays got the best of us. :p We decided to start Insanity again in the new year, with last night was our first night into the program. I am also doing the diet again, this time around. Thank you all for sharing your stories and for the moral support! Here are my first fit test results:

Switch Kicks: 56
    Power Jacks: 41
    Power Knees: 68
    Power Jumps: 14
    Globe Jumps: 7
    Suicide Jumps: 10
    P/U Jacks: 21
    Low Plank Oblique: 45

After insanity I plan on maybe doing P90x or P90x2. I have also signed up for a Spartan Sprint in May... Looks like fun but I'm a little scared!
  • acain123
    Options
    Jen, I think you did great!
  • Christabiss
    Options

Best things about 30 Day Shred: It's only 20 minutes a day so I could always find time to squeeze in a workout; saw a big improvement in endurance and strength; like the 3 levels and how the variations to each move could make the workout as hard or as easy as you wish

Cons so far: My weight has increased and my measurements are still the same (hence why I plan to pick up Insanity).

I say go for it! Again while I didn't quite get the results I wanted, my husband says I look "tighter" and I am definitely stronger (especially in my arms and stomach - seeing definition in those muscles!). GOOD LUCK!