You?

I found this group just now, no posts...lets get started. I'm on this diet and want to know what kind of success y'all have had...

Replies

• angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    I am also starting the slow carb diet. Seems like our bodies chemistry kind of make it different for everyone so its alot of experimentation. This is my first week so Im waiting until 2 complete weeks until I make any real deviations from the book.
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    I started slow carb in August and to date have lost exactly 19 pounds. The first two weeks I lost the most, maybe 5 or so pounds and then it's been a steady .5-1 a week. I gained a little around the holidays as we were on the road and visiting family so we were not home for a couple weeks which made it hard since they had too many temptations in their house (I don't keep junk in my house)

I did make adjustments - I added cheese to my diet. Over time it became harder for me to eat as many beans so I kinda subbed cheese for beans. I am mainly doing low-carb/low-sugar. I have only 7 pounds until my goal weight. One I hit that I will start adding some things back into the diet. Maybe yogurt since I miss that the most (and I do have it in the house for my daughter). I'd love to get to the point where I can have tortillas since that would give me more options of things to eat - though I'm learning to be creative - sandwiches on a cucumber, taco salads, BLT salads, Avocado chicken salad, etc