What is your biggest Challenge over the holidays?

Options
mexico4fun
mexico4fun Posts: 31 Member
What is your biggest Challenge over the holidays and how are you going to manage it?

Mine will be eating six small meals a day among all of the crazy activities and company. I will just have to pay attention to the time.
I have a watch that once I program it will sound an alarm every two hours.

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge over the holidays, oddly, is work related - I have about a bazillion hours of work I need to finish before the end of the year for clients (the joys of self-employment - my clients are on vacation but I soldier on...). Working long, long days is getting depressing, and that triggers snacking, plus there is no time to go to the gym. It's just a few more days, though, and I'm starting fresh in January (work and diet). One strategy I started today was forcing myself to snack on fruits rather than junk food - and somehow it's a lot harder to binge on clementines than ice cream... I also have a spin bike in my office, so I'm trying to hop on it a few times a day, even if it's only 5-10 minutes at a time.
  • mexico4fun
    mexico4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great strategies so far. What about setting the goal of only concentrating on two-three clients a day until the work is done? Rather than trying to do a little on a bunch or whatever screams loudest, stay focussed on getting what you see as the most important first. Once you start to see success, you will feel more in control. I think that is the big gem! Staying in control rather than feeling out of control reacting to all of the demands around us. Structure rather than whim is helpful. The same goes for eating. I found that I would work rather than stop to eat and then the next I knew it I was rarely eating breakfast and barely finding time to eat dinner. Set your parameters for work (timings), breaks, eating and set a timer if you need to. I use my ironman watch to remind me to stop working to eat, this seems to be working for me. I focus better on my tasks because I know that I only have a short time to complete the job.
    Not sure if any of this might help.