Hello

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hi I am new to this site and seeking a online buddy to cheer me on! In return I will cheer you on as we continue on the journey to being healthier. Looking forward to hearing from fellow Rhode Islanders.

Replies

• randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Hi Nana Kim from Porstmouth here. I've been on this site since July and it has been an amazing tool to help on my weight loss journey. Welcome to the club feel free to add me and I'll help cheer you on!!
  • Nana_in_RI
    Nana_in_RI Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I'm Marcie and live in Tiverton but work on the Island. I hava eused SparkPeople in the past and likd it but got away from it. I do know that I have to track what I eat or I get "amnesia" and eat more than I should. when I went on inslulin in February I came off most of my oral meds. for diabetes which seemed to help the weight loss. But have been stuck now for a couple of months. I don't like to exercise so it is easy for me to make escuses not to do it but know I need to and really should. Baby steps (small changes) made one at a time seems to work best for me. toomany large changes overwhelm me and become impossibel. So I celebrated the little things - not eating a donut, bringing my lunch to work, parking at the far end of a parking lot, ect. Sounds silly but hey I'm all for positive not negative! Hope to chat again soon, Marcie
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Hi Marcie as the saying goes a jouney of a thousand mile begins with one step. My advise start logging in your food drink as much water as possible and incorporate moderate exercise a few times a week. I myself have lost 27 pounds in the 5 months I've been on MFP. It is not an easy journey but know that the MFP members are around to help.