Back on track for the new year, starting today!

Options
sherrirb
sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
Holidays are over, except New Years but that isn't as big a deal as Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I decided not to wait until Jan 1 to renew my new years resolution. It is, of course, the same as last year. I want to get this weight off.
I started today, it is my Christmas present to myself.

Lots of munching and snacking has given me a few extra pounds; and high sodium foods has left me with swollen legs. Although I did not get enough water in today, I got a few things accomplished.

I put together a few pages of my "healthy eating" cookbook. I created a 7 week workout schedule which includes Turbo jam, C25K and Stronglifts 5x5. I have 1 complete rest day every week but I never do all 3 workouts any day, no more than 2 a day so I don't overdo it.
I was able to stay under goal today, although I was over on sodium yet again. I'll be working on that the remainder of this week. I will still get my coffee every morning but I'm going to try to eat something at home before I leave for work every day so I'm not buying convenience foods at the gas station every morning like I have been recently. Those foods are not good for me.

I'm also working on putting together a weeks schedule of meal plans so I can try to plan ahead and not be eating out as much as I have been recently because I run out of time.

I'll be setting the crock pot in the morning with stuff for dinner tomorrow night. Gotta get back on track, starting today!!

How are you all looking at the pending new year? What steps of action are you taking to prepare?

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You have some awesome insights to your own situation. That is probably the first step in healing ourselves and turning away from those habits that come between ourselves and our goals.

You asked, "How are you all looking at the pending new year? What steps of action are you taking to prepare?" Well, I'm looking at the pending year as just another day. When I think about my journey so far, I started it sometime in early February, 2012. It had nothing to do with January 1st. It wasn't a resolution -- just a decision I made and with a lot of help from a diet partner, then a different weight site, and then MFP, I've been able to stick to it and realize some success.

One thing I've noticed about me is the more I lose the more dedicated and determined I become. It was really easy to avoid a lot of over eating or eating the wrong things yesterday because I'm within a couple of pounds of 1-derland. No way do I want to eat foods of the season if it means slowing my progress to my next mini goal. Keep plugging away at your new life style and set some mini goals to help keep your momentum going. Well, it looks like you've already done that! Terrific gift to give to yourself!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been having problems with them, but for some unknown reason, last night it just clicked. It's time to be back at it. No more excuses. No more letting others determine what I think of myself, how I act, what I eat, etc. Back to doing things for me.

Started eating right again and logging. Would say I'd hit the gym today, but seeing as I can't breathe without coughing my head off, I don't think the other people would appreciate that. So, as soon as I can breathe I'm back at it.

Plans? Kind like you - just getting it ready. Going to buy enough small containers that I can portion all my food out for the week and be ready to grab and go.

I've put on 50 lbs this year. I'm ready for it to be gone!