Post Holiday Chat and Goals for 2013

Options
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!! :)

I have a headcold. :( Boo!! After having a stomach bug last week I had hoped I was in the clear. I was bad, and ate some ice cream this morning to soothe my throat. That was my excuse anyhow. Still plan on getting a workout in later this morning. Maybe some treadmill walking and a bit of circuit training at home. A friend of mine from my bootcamp class challenged me back in early October to shave 2 minutes off my 5k run time. I was supposed to do it by Dec. 5th, but life got hectic etc so I ended up accomplishing it on Dec. 24th. I was so proud of myself!! My first 5k run in September I did it in 38:45 and on Monday I did it in 36:38! My next 5k run is in March, so I'm hoping to do it in 34 minutes.

I've set some goals for 2013. I am going to do at least 3 more 5k runs. A friend and I are signing up for the Warrior Dash this summer! That should be a blast!! And I'm planning on getting to my goal weight, my hope is to do it by my Birthday (May). My weightloss is so slow, but I plan on being a bit more strict with my food intake and cutting back some carbs, increasing protein/veggies. I have experimented a bit this Fall and found the scale moved more when I ate that way. I've been on this journey for 10 months now and my husband is interested in making some changes for himself too. He's going to start exercising and being more cautious of what he's eating and his portions. I'm excited for him to do it too! It will make it a bit easier for me I think. He's very supportive, but he will sometimes bring in sweets and junk food that tempt me and is too quick to suggest we go to the pub for wings and beer etc. Wondering what goals you guys have set for yourselves for the new year??

Wishing you all the best in 2013!!

Replies

• helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Nice post Dreamchaser. :flowerforyou:

Firstly, I hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas and that Father Christmas bought you everything you could want (even if that's just a sit down for a few days as it is for me!).

Goals for 2013 health and fitness wise for me? Well, having got to goal weight I'd like to stay that way. I got to goal last year and went "Hey its Christmas" and stuffed myself stupid. This year, I've been more restrained so far and I've even been for a bit of run this morning (didn't get too far as I had far too much for breakfast and got terrible stitch!). So, keep up the routine and increase the cals to a more sensible amount. I also plan to increase my run distance now that my hip is getting less painful on runs. Like you Dreamchaser, I'm planning on a few 5Ks for the year if I can particularly the Race for Life. Great job on shaving time off as well!!