Getting Started - Supplements

Options
Hello,

Just two weeks in to CF and LOVING IT!!!! My husband had been going and kept saying I would love it and I avoided it for 6 months. However, he was right... it is awesome.

So just getting started. What supplements do you like for just getting in to it. I know some people go all out and take tons of stuff but I am more of an eat-clean and take a few on the side. Right now I just take a daily multi-vitamin and flax oil.

Thanks!

Replies

• jlcuster
    Options
    The ONLY supplement that both Dr. Sears (Zone Diet) and the CrossFit competitors' course both recommend is fish oil. I'd start there.

Dr. Sears also recommends vitamin E.

The competitors' course also recommends vitamins C, D, and creatine.

Other than that, if your diet is good, you shouldn't need a lot of supplements. Remember, multivitamins were invented to prevent people with chronic malnutrition from developing physiological disorders. If you're eating well, you shouldn't need much supplementation.

Hope this helps.
  • laserhen
    laserhen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fish oil. I also take a multivitamin, calcium, ZMA (right before bed), and glucosamine chondroitin, and I do a whey protein shake immediately after the workout.