Ohio Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'm currently freezing not enough of my backside off in Akron
  • rback1977
    rback1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from the west side of Cincinnati. I now live in NKY. Feel free to add me. I've been working at this for two months now.
  • comittobethin
    comittobethin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for this winter to be over. Im bethany btw , hi ohioians :) Im in columbus waiting for summer anxiously!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Wow, been on the site forever, just now joined the Ohio group :laugh:

I was born and raised in Akron (Bath, near Fairlawn). I spent about 10 years in VA and 12 years in WA before moving back home about 2 1/2 years ago. Still in the Akron area :smile:

Anyone feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    20 mins east of cleveland here!!
  • gviens
    gviens Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the Cincinnati suburb of Wyoming. Happy to meet new folks.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Ohioans! I live halfway between Dayton and Cincinnati. Preparing to batten down the hatches for the storms they are saying will be hitting later today.
  • captanger
    captanger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Living in dayton. Avid cyclist. Hoping to meet new people to help with motivation. Feel free to add me, I'm always on. I also love to help motivate.
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    I am in Dayton, about. I am a geek, a Christian, an animal lover, a stepmom, a wife, an artist, a chef and work part time. I'd love to meet new people with similar interests. I'm still trying to find an exercise I can enjoy, but I'm thinking about recreational sword fighting. I used to love it. Yep, I guess I'm weird.
  • SarahG626
    SarahG626 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. How is everyone enjoying the weather? At least it is starting to warm up a bit from the cold front that went through with all the rain/storms last week. I've posted here before, but I'm looking for some more active members for MFP friends & cheerleaders. I'm from Union County Ohio in the small town of Raymond. I'm near Marysville and work on east side of Columbus. Anyone doing any 5K's in Franklin County this year? I think some friends of mine are going to check out the Neon Dash on Saturday, May 31st. This will be my first one and hopefully not my last. I pray that it's a good summer full of new friends, good eating, and lots of exercising!
  • Ellius1988
    Ellius1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 26, live in Columbus, and this is my second attempt with MFP. I found success the first time, but fell off the wagon after a couple years from switching jobs and moving. I'm not sure what else to say about myself, but I look forward to talking to you all!
  • lshanabrook
    lshanabrook Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Cincinnati Area, began using MFP in 2013 and lost just over 50 lbs, had a hiccup and got off track, gained about 12 lbs back. BOO!!! Anyway, getting myself back on track to meeting and maintaining my goal for a healthier me!
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ohio peeps!!! I am in Kettering, just outside of Dayton. I have been on MFP since Nov and got within 3 pds of my goal and then fell off the wagon. Now back on it and I have 8 pds to go.

Please feel free to add me. I love to see the before and after pics and here the stories of accomplishment.

Good luck to all!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    havent checked on this group in ages!!!! I'm in West Chester! I work out 3 to 5 times a week at LA Fitness!
  • Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy and I live in West Chester. I've been off the site for a bit and I'm back now. I work out at Ideal Fitness and attend a Boot Camp in Blue Ash. I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I wasn't getting there with just the exercise. I know now it's healthy eating and working out! Motivation from others goes a long way, so please post to my inbox and I'll do the same!
  • amandalbliss
    amandalbliss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Amanda. I live in Gallipolis and go to school in Rio Grande.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    havent checked on this group in ages!!!! I'm in West Chester! I work out 3 to 5 times a week at LA Fitness!

Me too! I use both the Dudley Rd. and Union Centre locations, and the Kenwood one. Will keep my eyes open for you!
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from the Cleveland area, feel free to add me :)
  • antoniodean
    Options
    Hello Ohio. I am from Originally from Dayton, Oh but I working Cincinnati. I am hoping to relocate back to Dayton via my job as I can work anywhere. I miss Dayton and recently separated from my wife and hope to end up in Dayton. I work out 5 to 6 days a week as a cyclist and looking to hookup with cyclist in the Dayton area to work out with. I average about 20 miles a day sometimes I do light days of no more than 10 and long rides on the weekends. with a rest day or two in between. I average between 100 hundred and 120 miles per week depending on how my job goes. I can make up the miles on the weekends. Looking for like minded riders to ride with a lose a few more pounds as I'm not the most disciplined eater.
  • Winnychan
    Winnychan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Gahanna -- that's a suburb of Columbus. I love our state, even if it is a bit football-crazy for my taste. It's funny that the rest of the country associates us with cows and corn fields, but I am a city girl all the way. I have a fantastic husband and an adorable son who just turned two. I'm a huge nerd who works in IT for a local hospital system. I'm also kind of artsy by nature. I paint, sketch, write, creative writing, and I'm a voracious reader.

In the past it's been very difficult to stay fit due to having such a sedentary job and an inclination to spend even more time in front of a computer once I get home. Thankfully I've been promoted to a position supporting end users out in the field, and that allows me to move around a lot more throughout the day.

My primary motivation has been my son. He seems to get faster every day and I want to be able to keep up with him! I want to stick around for a long time to watch him grow and have kids of his own, and I think my best chance at making sure that happens is to give my lifestyle a major overhaul. Unfortunately, genetics are working against me. All the women in my family are obese. Both my mother and my grandmother had gastric bypass surgeries, and I want to break the chain and lose weight through a healthier diet and regular exercise.

I've been using MFP for 30 days, coupled with a Fitbit Flex, and so far I'm very enthusiastic. It really seems to take the mystery out of weight loss. There's a "numbers in, numbers out" sort of logic to it that I can really wrap my head around!