Height, Weight, and Plan...

Options
What is your height and weight? How much do you plan on losing?

Replies

• BigPun75
    BigPun75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'9, 260 lbs, closest i can to 200 lbs. i need to be 41 inches around my waist
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    6'2", need to lose at least another 68 lbs. to enlist. Primal to lose the weight, C25K to get in running condition, TC 3-22-20 to get ready for the pt test, swimming for overall body tone, and lifting heavy for strength with iCorps and other resources for building warrior knowledge.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    5'5, 272

I need to lose 107 MORE lbs just to hit the maximum allowed weight >_<

I've NEVER been an athletic person so Im just aiming to get a Good (High) average on the Navy physical test, but hopefully I will accomplish more that than that. And I smoke cigarettes so that really screws up my endurance. In general, I plan to do cardio all the way until i hit around 240 and then throw in some strength training.

Here's my Good-High requirements and my plans. Might as well for posterity sake.

Curl Ups -> 73
    Im not too bad at curl ups so I think this shouldn't be a problem for me as I drop the weight.

Push Ups -> 57
    Err I can barely do five right now. I guess I need to start with planking and "assisted push ups" before I work into the real thing.

1.5 mi run -> 12:00 mins
    Uh oh this is gonna be the real killer. I can only run about 1-2 minutes before I need to stop. (smoking is bad, mmmk). I guess Im going to try to do walk/intervals. I think this is going to be the toughest for me.

500 yard swim -> 9:45
    Honestly havent been swimming in ages due to self image issues so I have no idea where I stand. Im not too horribly worried about this one. I think I'm gonna wait until after I lose about 50 lbs before I start to focus on this one.

I'll gladly accept any advice/input whatever. Definitely will be looking into Sam's programs since I were both going Navy. Oh and somebody please (because Im horrible at math) let me know what MPH I need to run at to clear 1.5 miles in 12 mins. Thanks and good luck to us all :)
  • ghost2012
    Options
    6'2, 275... have to be at 24 % or lower to re-wnlist.. so have to roughly lose 40 lbs, 6 inches on my waist....GO ARMY
  • pooleebarbara
    pooleebarbara Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'9", 230lbs, need to lose 66lbs to ship off to bootcamp.

I'm going to be using workouts from my workout trainer app and the c25k for running.
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have to be down to 135 (MAX) to ship to Parris Island so that is 105 lbs from now.

I am following the WW Points Plus program as of today. Previously I was counting calories and I don't think I was eating enough to support my workouts. I was at 1500 cals/day and I was miserable.

I am doing TurboFire 4 days a week. Les Mills PUMP 3 days a week. Also on those 3 days of weights I do a lighter cardio such as TurboJam or HipHop Abs. In February I am going to start slowly moving up to running.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    6'1.5 currently 282.4 lbs.

I'm working towards a Fat-shredder plan of: 50/30/20 (protein/carbs/fats)
    Using the Mifflin St Jeor intake equation.
    Using Beachbody advanced exercises to get into shape (Insanity/Asylum/P90X/X Plus/X2)
    6 days a week
    Calories logged here on MFP

Down 1.3 lbs after first week with too much food intake.