Looking for other glamorous grandma wannabes!

Options
I'm new to this site and I'm looking for friends for mutual support.

I became a Grandma in August 2012 and I'm doing this for my granddaughter Emily.

Please read my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jogrant68/view/why-do-i-want-to-become-a-glamorous-grandma-459813 to find out why.

If you would like to be part of my journey and would like me to be part of yours then add me as a friend.

Replies

• tanersmama
    Options
    I became a Amma May 2012. I now am an Amma for 4! YES 4!! I love being an Amma. I am considered a young grandma, I guess (I'm 39). It is the BEST feeling in the world! I want to get in shape for me, my kids, and my grandsons. We can do this together!!
  • lauraschulkind600
    Options
    I'm working hard to get back to my glamour! My granddaughter is 6, and my grandson is 17 months old. I don't like the way the extra weight keeps me from being energetic, and how it makes my face look puffy.
  • lpelayomaui
    Options
    Hey Everyone...I've been searching for a support group and hope you can help! I became a young grandma last year. My grandson will be 1 in just a week. Seems like being a grandma has made me put on a few pounds, and gained some aches and pains. I'm starting a new fitness program in hopes to get the weight off and get rid of the sciatic pain caused from holding the baby.....Has anyone else experienced what I am going through?
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My granddaughter was born on February 29, 2012. Yup, she's an amazing Irish-RedHaired-Leap Year baby! We celebrate for days....! Just celebrated our 3rd birthday with a Frozen Party.

I will be 49 in just a few days and within just the past few months I have gained many many pounds... lol Not sure why but it's just there all of a sudden! I started yesterday logging in (and will be faithful about it), Treadmill and weights. Even my arms are bigger. My Grandmother always talked about the "middle-age spread" and I guess I've got it. sniff...sniff...

Somethings gotta give cause my husband spoke on Sunday of my "pooch" and "love-handles"! I cried and was not happy but that's just what it is. Reality sucks right now!

Oh well, I need support from the group as well IF you all are still interested and active!

Thanks!
  • lauraschulkind600
    lauraschulkind600 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter is 8 and my grandson is 3. I want to have more energy to enjoy them! I'm also a fourth-grade teacher and a flutist, so I am super busy. I need to eat healthfully and exercise more so I will have the energy to do everything.