Breakfast ideas

Hey all,
Just wondered if anyone had any good ideas for quick & easy breakfast ideas, ideally under 300 cals and ideally protein based. I usually go the gym before work in the morning and have breakfast when I get into the office, so ideally something with minimal prep time.

Replies

• redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Not sure about the protein content but I found the "Quaker Oats so simple" to be pretty good. Easy to prepare (just boiling water) and under 300 calories.
  • Seconded, those porridge pots are perfect for the office. Simply pour on hot water and stir, job done!
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Bircher Museli, 0% natural yoghurt, Museli and apple juice.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    2 plain scrambled eggs, 3 slices extra lean ham, 200ml of skimmed milk = 336 calories and plenty of protein to start your day off.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    I buy lots of fruit and prep it for smoothies (chop / peel etc). Mix pieces and freeze in bags in the right proportions for each smoothie (eg some melon and ginger or bananas and berries). In the morning you can lob it in a smoothie make and add juice / yoghurt etc. Cheap and yummy. And quick. You can even take it to the gym in a sports bottle.

You can make porridge in a slow cooker.

Or:

http://slowcookedinblighty.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/slow-cooker-tex-mex-breakfast-egg-stack.html

http://www.easy-special-health-recipes.com/breakfast-casserole-recipe.html
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Smoothies are definitely a good idea - even more so if you put a scoop of protein powder in them!

1 scoop impact whey protein = 97 cals
    Some frozen fruit = around 50 cals
    200ml almond milk = around 50 cals

A very hefy protein push for 200 cals, and about 30 seconds to prepare!

If you want some extra fibre you can also add porridge oats, or for some Omega 3, chuck in some ground flaxseed
  • EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    I second the Bircher museli

Also I make muffin omelettes, I make up a omelette mixture using 6 eggs and whatever ingredients I fancy bacon cheese peppers etc. Pour them into a muffin tin and bake in the oven for about 15-20 mins 180 fan stored in a airtight container in the fridge they last ages, depending what you use you could have two muffins for under 300 kals, lovely cold or zap in the microwave before eating!
  • KiiAttitude
    KiiAttitude Posts: 207 Member
    try 2 eggs plus some egg whites to bulk up the content and stay low fat, you can add some chicken and ham? and have a lil salad to make it look more or some grilled tomatoes...