Yummy Ryeless Rye bread that is GF!

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
I have missed rye bread since going GF. Last night, I discovered that Trader Joe's has a "ryeless rye" bread. Had my first piece this morning. Yummy rye toast. I do wish the pieces were bigger. But the taste is yummy and the texture is decent.
IMG_0286.JPG
rr.jpg

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    THis is worth a special trip! Thank you!
  • jnoring
    Options
    My Trader Joes has no gluten free items! I am jealous looks great.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous also. We have minimal gluten free products at our Trader Joe's. :(
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    My Trader Joes has no gluten free items! I am jealous looks great.
    I'm jealous also. We have minimal gluten free products at our Trader Joe's. :(

Ask your TJ's for a list of what they carry. I've shopped there for years and had NO IDEA this bread was in there. It was mixed right in with the other regular gluten breads. But, they gave me a list of their products and then I sought it out.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have missed rye bread since going GF. Last night, I discovered that Trader Joe's has a "ryeless rye" bread. Had my first piece this morning. Yummy rye toast. I do wish the pieces were bigger. But the taste is yummy and the texture is decent.
    IMG_0286.JPG
    rr.jpg

I had forgotten about Trader Joe's. Thanks for the reminder.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I need to find a Trader Joe's.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I bet that bread makes awesome croutons.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I asked. All their gluten free breads at my store are at the same section. They seem to avoid catering to us down here. Sigh.

Monica
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just went to Trader Joe's (MA/NH) and apparently the Ryeless Rye Bread is a West Coast item. Ironic since the packaging says, dist and sold exclusively by Trader Joe's Needham, MA....and they can't even order it! :mad:

Had dreams of having an egg on this for breakfast every so often :sad:
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    That's really odd. I live in Ohio .. so NOT on the West Coast & we have it here.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    The Trader Joe's here in Northern Illinois area sometimes has the ryeless bread and sometimes doesn't. I've heard the same song and dance about the regional distribution which I find very annoying. I'm getting ready to start hounding store managers to order more gluten free products like Udi's. It seems like none of the stores has a large enough stock and when they run out it's just gone.
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There is also another brand, Three Bakers that makes gluten free breads including rye.

It says "rye style"
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Oooh! I gotta try that! : )
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    There is also another brand, Three Bakers that makes gluten free breads including rye.

It says "rye style"

I just saw that the other day at Kroger. Well try it next.