SOS: Shout out Sundays 12/30

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
So comrades what did you learn from Christmas and family and work parties etc??

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I learned that families can be pains in the butts, but you have to love them anyway! (I think I knew that already, but am reminded of it every year!)

I also learned that plans are necessary to be successful. You may not stick to your plan entirely, but I know that by having it helped me make better choices throughout the season. My goal for the holiday season (Halloween through New Years) was to not gain weight. And my weight is EXACTLY the same as it was on October 26! To me that means I enjoyed all the sweets and treats that are only available once a year, but did so in moderation. And that is a huge victory for me!

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year to you all!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    That sometimes, what you expect will happen, the best laid plans often do not work, and apparently I am a guest, not family anymore
  • Khittle123
    Khittle123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I learned anything from my family on Christmas. I do know that any time I tell them I am trying to loose weight they don't really get it. They believe that I don't need to. They constantly asking me if I want cookies or something that I know isn't good for me. Even after I explain to them why I am doing it and why it's important to me.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, I learned this week I can lose weight even if it is a small amount even when I was on my PERIOD! I usually gain 3-5 lbs on my period but this time I lost! I am so ecstatic! So, exercising and maintaining good healthy foods helps!
  • QueenGreb
    Options
    I learned that sometimes its ok to challenge others and stick to my plan to change my life, some people will put me down and temp me but I will overcome and I am better because of my conscience decision to eat healthy and change my habits, even if no one else does. Also I have a pretty amazing husband who supports me and waits till he is at work to eat his junk haha.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I learned that it's ok to take a few days off from counting every single calorie I put in my body and worrying about how much I've exercised that day and just enjoy the holidays with my family. I didn't gain any weight when I stepped on the scale after the fact. I didn't lose any either, but that was kind of expected. It was just very relieving to know that it's ok to enjoy yourself and splurge from time to time. Contrary to popular belief it won't totally kill your progress.

I hope that everyone had a very merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukah, or whatever holiday you might celebrate during this time of year, and that you all enjoyed your time with friends and family. :smile:
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I learned through this fitness journey that I can do what I thought was impossible. I am learning that setbacks can be stepping stones to greater success. I might not practice this yet but I do know that I must change the types of foods I eat to get to the next level of good health. But please do not push me. Lol jk You can push.

But I would have to say the best part of my journey has been making friends here at MFP.