diffrent perception

Options
scorpiomfs
scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
I was looking through the many pictures posted, ill get mine just waiting till the 1st. anyway, Im currently 248, I was 310. when i look at the 180 ish pound woman and think thats where i want to be, yet they seem to think thier body is just not right,I was thinking i could put on the very same outfit at 180 and be told i look great, good job , nice work. To a 350 lb woman I am small, yet we all want to get smaller right. so dont live everyday feeling like a fat girl. Live like the woman and men you are, You all are beautiful to somebody, even if its not yourself. Dont walk the im going to do thing when i get skinny walk walk everyday head held high and know your doing something today for tommarrow, but you still gotta live today.Look your best doing it.

mo

Replies

• fatblaster2012
    Options
    Nicely said :-)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite song, regarding what you said. So very true!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn23QUAVEYw
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    So true. I think it also has to do with how differently we are shaped. Ive seen people my same height and age and weight and we look completely different because we carry the weight differently. When I tell people I want to lose another 30-40 pounds they look at me like im crazy because they have no clue what I weigh right now. I love my shape just not the size of the shape if that makes sense lol.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful post. We should all be the best version of "us" nobody else. I have been so afraid, however, holding myself back from trying for my "dream weight" because I am scared of making the people around me feel bad about their weight. Like I don't want them to think I am trying to be "better" than them. I am done with that -- weighing less doesn't make us better than anyone else, but I have the right to feel good in my own skin. 180 lbs can be gorgeous. I am going in search of my own personal gorgeous, and stop worrying about anyone else's version.
    Way to go on a fabulous weight loss so far!
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that. I really needed it. :)
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to be 210 pounds (now 146) and completely understand what you are saying. My nutritionist even said that people are going to look at me and say I don't look like I need to lose weight. My husband even notices that I have lost a lot of weight. I love how I'm becoming (I can move faster, longer and climb uphill/upstairs without thinking how hard it may be). I know my comfortable weight and that is what I'm shooting for.

Everyone has different views of what beauty is and what "skinny" is. But these are two complete different things. Reminds me of the movie Shallow Hal.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    OP you are eloquent thanks for sharing this I am one of the 300+ gals who at this point look at those of you who are smaller going gee I will be there someday soon because I am working towards that but I have also looked at some of the smallest people who have shared pics and thought gee why but it is nice to be reminded we have to be comfortable in our own skin
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I started at 210lbs and am now 168lbs. I feel GREAT. I still want to lose another 14lbs, but I already feel so much better than I did when I started. But then I see people who are the same height as me who hate the way they look at 168lbs, or at 154lbs (my goal) and are desperate to be 30lbs lighter. As you say, it is all about perception.
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nicely put!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    So true. It really is about perspective and body type as well.

I see others with the same body fat, or those with the same body fat goals and know that when I hit 20% body fat I will still be 15lbs into "over weight" on the BMI scale due to my frame/lean body mass.
  • karrlove1020
    Options
    Great post! I totally agree, it's easy to get obsessed with weight loss and wanting to look perfect. Be happy with WHO YOU are and make adjustments to be healthy you :)
  • Newday69
    Newday69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So nicely put, thank you.

Happy new year!