Welcome!!!

Hello friends!
In a effort to help us ALL tackle the weekly task of meal planning I decided to start this group where we can post recipes or maybe a favorite snack?! I'd like us to be able to post recipes wanted to... If you are a brown bagger and need to spice up the "brown" a bit... Or maybe you are a busy sports family and need some ideas for "on the go" ideas.... Whatever!! THE ONLY request I have is that we keep it somewhat simple and keep it very healthy... We are all on this site for a reason in common I hope!

Sunday is post day.... That way we set up a good palate of recipes to choose from for the week! Feel free to post recipes of all kinds; vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, anything. We all like different stuff! :)

Let's make this a great COOKBOOK!

Here's the first recipe I'd like to share:

http://www.rawfullyorganic.com/content.php?section=recipes&id=55
It's a salsa recipe - maybe some of you want to try it for your New Years party!!!

Replies

• KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Hey Marcy,

As you may already know, chocolate is one of my weaknesses, so I was super excited when I stumbled across this recipe for Chocolate Rice Crispie balls - 1 ball is only 54 calories :) The recipe makes approximately 80 balls...

Here's what you'll need:

5 tablespoons unsalted butter
    3 tablespoons light butter
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 bags (10 oz each) mini-marshmallows
    10 cups crisp rice cereal
    1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
    Vegetable oil cooking spray

Combine butters and cocoa in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Melt butter, whisking until mixture is well combined. Stir in marshmallows, melting them completely. Remove pan from heat and stir in cereal, working quickly before marshmallow mixture sets. Stir in chocolate chips. Coat hands with cooking spray and shape mixture into about 80 walnut-sized balls. Place balls on a baking sheet and let harden for about an hour. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days. (Do not refrigerate.)

THE SKINNY

54 calories per rice crispy, 1.4 g fat (0.9 g saturated), 9.9 g carbs, 0.2 g fiber, 0.3 g protein

You can check out this site for 9 other recipes for cookies under 100 calories :)
    http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2012/12/low-cal-holiday-cookies-slideshow?intcid=homepage1214_4#slide=1
  • Sounds DELISH Kyla! Let me know how they are!! I'm making that salsa I posted for our NYE get together along with fresh veggies and quinoa!! Mmmmm getting hungry just thinking about it!! :)