Intro

Options
Mrs_Hewi
Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
Hi all.

Hurray, a place to discuss being a working mum and finding time to stay on track exercise and food wise :)

Replies

• NoleenD
    NoleenD Posts: 38
    Options
    Hello! I have just found this group. Would be great to see how other mums manage fitness, healthy eating, work and home life.
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Noleen,

where are you from?
  • NoleenD
    NoleenD Posts: 38
    Options
    Hiya, I'm from northern ireland originally, but living in norwich now. I have 2 boys - 2yrs and 5 yrs old so it can be a real struggle to find time to exercise! Always knackered after running around with them and working full time. My hubby works evening shifts so it's just me at home with the kids.

Where are you from?
  • Keenmum
    Options
    Hi.....Great to see this post. Just joined today and desperately looking for support and inspiration to get back to what I have weighed before! That is - before kids, before working long shifts and hours, and before it felt like I had no more time for me! Wanting to lose 10kg, but today it feels like it could be 100kg! Hoping to gain some support here, as its difficult at home, as kids eat different things, and Husband supportive but not like women are!
  • kaylajean27
    Options
    Hi
    I have just joined the group today. I'm still fairly new to the website. Have been looking for support in not only my health and fitness but also as a mother and partner. I get stressed and tend to eat so I thought maybe if I found somewhere I could vent I could curb that behaviour. I'm 21 years old, with 1 and 3 year old boys. My partner is 23 and working full time. I work 15 hours a week right now and I think that's all I could handle. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully some results with the fitness too :)
  • rachelgrigg34
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have just joined today and thank you for having this group where I can openly discuss the hurdles of being a working mum and trying to manage my exercise and eating. I am studying too and have a teenage daughter so my energy levels are always quite low - i think it's more from the high sugar snacks i have been eating lately.
    I had a wake up call last night where after my daughter went to bed I ate a whole packet of Roadies crackers and after reading how many calories I ate, was so disgusted in myself and vowed that today was the day I was going to do something about it. I signed up to my fitness pal and have already begun to make changes. I am a member of the gym but haven't been able to go as tore my muscle in my calf and have been to scared to go back. I find doing the wii fit at home i don't have to worry about looking silly and can still cook dinner and work out in between. Today is the first day of the rest of my healthy and fit life. wish me luck. Hope to chat with you all soon.