Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2013 Happy New Year!!!

Options
cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
Hi ladies! I know that we've all been celebrating and chillin' out a bit during this holiday season, but there's nothing like a new year to charge things up! And now we might as well change the group name to Turbo Fire Hard Bodies THROUGH 2013! :smile:

I want to first thank all of you for your support in the group - although I don't have a hard body at this time, I am still 7 pounds less than I was before with little change in my motivation. Support was definitely a big help with it. It's so encouraging to see others with similar goals logging in their TF workouts

Next, I'm gonna whine a bit. I've got 2 days until my hubby goes away for the year. :sad: It's been so tough these last few months and now that the last two days are here, I'm concentrating on my own progress to keep from getting two packs of Breyer's ice cream, and going to town on it while hugging my knees on the sofa under a blanket watching Meg Ryan movies. :frown:

And lastly the good news, I'm doing TF and working on my health with the aim that both my hubby and I will be hot and healthy and inevitably hot for each other when he returns :blushing: . You ladies have been such a great shoulder and help in this year. I'm looking forward to burning more calories with all of you in the next!

Tomorrow I believe is Fire 55 for me - Week 5 here I come!

Replies

• Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    Options
    Happy New year everyone! I can't believe it's the end of 2012. It seems like this year just started. Today I did Chest, Shoulders and Tricheps. I only got through 30 minutes of it. That's not bad. I ran out of steam. I am still recovering I can tell but it's ok I feel great having done the bit I did do. 30 minutes of P90X is a lot hehe. I did a lot of pushups. Still on my knees but I can get to a 90 degree angle now with my arms. Whoo hoooo.

I am sorry you are going through this CK. I didn't realize your husband was going to be gone a year. I understand why you are so upset. That is a super long time. =( I don't know what I would do without mine for a year probably curl up into a ball until he came back. I would miss him too much. Shoot he went away for a week for training and I was feeming for him. Well if you need to chat just message me or come on here. You are doing great. =)

I for one will be happy when all the sicknesses and plagues are gone from my house! =) On to the new year of getting fit. I can't wait! I can see my arms and legs getting so much more defined. I love it. I have always been skinny but never strong and I can't wait to see what I look like with muscles. This adventure started 4 years ago. Yep right about the time I got preggers. lol I decided I wanted to have muscles and my hubby was all for it. =D
    I have come a long way through valleys and up mountains, stops and starts but I have never given up. I can now do push ups on the floor on my knees! (yes I was very weak to start) I can do shoulder presses with 8 lb weights! (started with 3's) I still can't do a burpey but I can do a 1 min plank! What are the things that yall can do now since your journey with fitness started?
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

CK- I know that BCT is NOTHING like having your hubby go away for a deployment, but when mine was away at training, I set a goal to get healthy... and thinking of his face at our reunion was a BIG motivator! It also kept me a bit busier than normal, which was nice and needed. 7 lbs is a great start! I didn't lose a single lb during my first 4 weeks of TF!! Also, we're all here for you, girl! maybe not in person, but you can vent to us if you need to <3 Give yourself a couple of days to cry, and then get to work on some goals for the year.

Melzy- I can't make myself work out at ALL when I'm not feeling well. You've got major props from me just for trying!! I've also been noticing changes in my strength, which is very nice! I can do one normal pushup now. To the Army hubby, that's like a drop in the bucket, but to me I felt like Wonder Woman when I did it! I'm also now comfortable with doing burpees at the speed Charlene does them without feeling like I'm going to smash my face into the floor on the way down.

The one thing I want to nail in 2013... coordination! I'm embarrassed to say, but I have managed to punch myself **3** times in the past 2 weeks!! It's usually during the high-low cross punches that I end up nailing myself. I punched myself so hard last week that my thumb nail from one hand cut into my other hand. I bring new meaning to "beating yourself up"! I would also like to either lose the last 30 lbs I need to to reach my goal weight, or become pregnant by the end of the year.... maybe both!
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Happy New Year!!!

My goal this year: As Jeni said, I'm gonna be hot for the hubby! I will also keep doing what I'm doing!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Jeni--- LOL I'm sorry you punched yourself in the face but I had to laugh. I haven't ever done that but I have a high self-preservation and I hate pain (hence why I had 3 kids natural and no drugs lol go figure) so I think it may have something to do with it. Believe me I am not coordinated.

My new years resolution has nothing to do with losing weight. I am already doing that and will not stop so I didn't bother with that one. I am going to write down one good thing that happened each day in my journal. I want to start writing again and journaling is a great way to start. I saw this idea on pinterest to put them in a jar but I am modifying the idea to incorporate my journaling. =)

Workout isn't happening today. I wanted to see the hobbit this weekend (2nd time!!) but since I was still contagious and tired I didn't make it. Today my bumps are scabbed over and I feel ok so I will be going with my 14 yo to see it. Ill just workout next sat. I will do P90X again tomorrow. Oh yeah I ordered Les Mills Pump because my mom gave me some money for Christmas and I have been wanting to try that out. After I do another month of P90X I will be starting that up. I am going to add Combat in where you are suppose to be walking in the schedule. I think after Pump I will do CLX again mixed in with TF.

Alright I should go almost time to go see The Hobbit!!! I am a huge Lord of the Rings Fan. I've read the books mutiple times since I was 12 years old. =D Love fantasy books and I love elves! I always wanted to be one. lol

Hope yall have a great start to the new year!!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    P90X Back and Biceps today! Made it through the whole workout so I am officially well. I also took my last pill today YAY. Most of the scabs are gone and my energy level is almost 100% again. YAY

So glad to be over this junk lol and on to the new year. =) Today is my baby's 4th birthday. He is onto being a "real boy" now. 3's they still have a lot of baby in them and 4's is when they get rid of all of it. boo hoo. Well it doesn't upset me enough to try and have another though LOL. I would like if someone supplied me with babies to take care of just not the pregnancy. I don't see that happening though unfortunately. =D

Hope yall are pushing play! See you tomorrow!
  • jenihullett
    Options
    Today I am pooped! For the past 2 days, the cranky lady downstairs has been home, so I couldn't do any cardio... so I did Tone 30/ Stretch 40 on Dec 31st, and Sculpt 30 yesterday... with the "heavy" resistance bands instead of the "medium" ones. BIG difference! I thought I was going to die, but I got through it! This morning I woke up, and my arms are sore and shaky! No strength workouts for me for a couple of days!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Ladies! I haven't been around due to the family visits of the new year. Also my boys are sick again with what they had before. :( Very frustrating not really how I wanted to bring in the new year but what do you do. I also got my TOM today. UGH!!!! On a good note I got my workout on and feel alittle better. Fire 55 and Abs 10 :) Glad everyone is doing better, and of course pushing play!
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! So glad to see that you are sticking with the program. I have not.. I have been teaching 2 kickboxing classes a week and that is just about it.. However, I am back and resolve to make some changes! I am going to start TF again tomorrow. Not really going to adhere to the TF schedule because I just cannot do the HIIT DVD's at home because the tile in my Family room is just too hard on my knees... I am also hoping to start LES MILLS COMBAT very soon and plan on doing a TF/Combat hybrid in addition to adding Shakeology to my diet... Good luck in the New Year. I wish all of you happiness and health!!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry, i haven't been checking in. Schedule here at home is starting to get normal, now that it's after the holidays. I have been pressing play throughout. Today is my last day of Week 4. Looking forward to doing all cardio now for the next 4 weeks. Although, I will miss the HIIT's. I am still modifying the HIIT's cuz I've noticed when I go all out, my ankles/heels are killing me when I'm done (I have a history of plantar fasciatis (sp?) ).

I remembered when I started....I so hated Core 20 and Stretch 40. I now love Core 20 and I really needed Stretch 40 last night. I was so bummed when it was over. Too funny.

I'm hoping to see the scale number change in the next month. I have noticed my clothes fitting better now. I'm definately losing inches.

I'm glad everyone's back to health now. As far as my house is concerned...my 7 year old son just got diagnosed with Pink Eye. All my nephews had it at the Christmas family get together. They were non contagious at the time of the party. At least, he has it while still on winter break. My kids go back to school on Monday.

Take care all and Happy New Year!
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy new year ladies, I did fire 45 to get back in the swing of things....guess who had to follow Ally.....yes me! Feels like I never worked out before.
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Welcome back to it Pres and Mamma! Glad yall are pushing play and checking in again.

I did LM Combat Live 30 today. PHEW still loving this workout. Hard but I mad it through. Thought I was going to poop out but I did the none bounching footwork so I made it through. 135 kicks on each leg in the kick section can you say my legs are pinging and screaming at me? lol

Tomorrow P90X YAY on to week 7 next week.

I got my LM Pump yesterday and it is awesome! I love the bar it is padded so no calluses. My hubby said we would prob need to get him more weights if he decides to do it but he's a big guy but that's what I intended anyway. I've been wanting a barbell and weights for a while now. 2 more weeks of P90X and I will start it. =) I think I am going to add a TF HIIT once a week. The combat has some hiits but they are kind of long and incorporate weights.

Sorry about the pink eye and the flu and whatever else is going around. It seems like half the country is sick this year. It's pretty bad. I know they say it's a bad year every year but half my friends on FB have a kid sick or they are sick. It hasn't ever been like that before. Maybe one or 2 sick but not at least 20 of friends combatting something. Just do what you can! It's all you can do. =)
  • mammacano
    Options
    TF 45 Done!! So much fun!!
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm a bit off-kilter still due to adjusting to DH leaving. He left New Years night - a day earlier than scheduled! :explode: - gotta love that military :grumble: so it threw me off. I had to run errands today so I was gone for most of the day with family. Didn't get it in. :frown: Plus I have to re-learn how to drive...I just didn't get around to it in the last 7 years especially since hubby and I've only had a car for about 18 months and he pretty much drove it himself. :ohwell: So my wonderful brother is going to school me again - thank goodness I have the license, at least I don't have to go through THAT again!

Well, I'll try the workout tomorrow, but I must say, this week was off as expected. I think once I get to work on Monday, the routine will fall back into place.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, Still pushing play. I did a HIIT 25 and Tone 30. I love tone 30. I feel like she really works the whole body. In scuplt 30 I feel like she works mostly the upper body which is fine but I like my lower half to look good as well. :) Wow I can't believe I'll be starting week 19. CRAZY! I do love them workouts though. You guys got this! I know you'll be pushing play soon if you aren't already. Just do your best and forget the rest!!!!!

Hey mamma, I just thought I say glad your back and I have trouble with my knees too. I thought it was cause I was fat, which that still maybe true, but I also workout on tile. This is like a light bulb coming on for me cause HIIT days always hurt worse. :)

Stel, told you.... that you'd like stretch 40 lol ;)

Ck praying for you!

Jeni, You are to funny, I have hit myself too. I once left an ugly scratch down my face. I however have not done it in a long time *knocks on wood* :)

Melzy, Glad your kicking butt seems like you have recovered nicely. Do you work with santa? cause you seem to have my wish list of videos and I think you just didn't want santa to give them to me. I seem to remeber something about you being an elf. Oh wait, it was you love elves. lol, I also really want to try B Butt Lift. You will keep us posted on how LM pump is going. I have been wanting them too! I wish they were A) Cheaper or B) Money grew on trees.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My schedule is still off. I can't wait until my kids go back to school on Monday, so I can go back to a normal schedule of getting up in the morning and getting my workouts done. I just finished 55EZ. Gotta get used to it as I'll be doing it twice a week this month. I can tell that my heart is getting stronger cardiovascularly. My HRM beeps constantly when I'm not in the zone an I'm not even huffing and puffing anymore. It's just like Chalene says, I'm getting my 2nd wind.
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. Just did fire 30. Trying to get back to working our at 4:30am again. My semester will start in another week...last one! Yeah me! Lol. Now I am supposed to do the advanced workouts but they are too long...so I will be doing what I can with the little time I have. I tried Chalene extreme with the resistance bands..don't like it with the bands so I will be getting some free weights soon. Now I got all kinds of Chalene goodies. Back on the grind! Okay ladies..push play and have a great day..off to work.
  • mammacano
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!! I did not push play today, but I did teach a really fun kick boxing class with a round of Tabata abs at the gym this morning... However, my challenge is comming up.. The WEEKEND! I have the hardest time pushing play on sat and sunday because the family is here, were are busy doing other things blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... So I vow to push play at least Once this weekend... I will, I will, I will!! There, I said it now I guess I HAVE to do it! Have a Fabulous weekend everyone!!

Vini, I totally need to get some type of no slip, non-shoe drag pad to workout on or my knees are gonna be shot before I am 45! Yikes!
  • jenihullett
    Options
    Hello ladies! So glad to see everyone back on the forums again in the new year!! =D Today I did the dreaded Fire 45EZ. I was happy to find that I have dropped one of the lbs that I gained back last month. I feel SO much better now that I can work out again. It's scary to think about how easy it is to slip back into old, bad habits again!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did not workou today no excuse I just didn't lol. I will do P90X tomorrow instead.

Lol Vini--- I wish I was an elf! :) that was funny. Maybe Santa can bring it to you during the year. :) I will certainly tell you how it is. I did the first one yesterday it's just a 20 min. It was awesome and I even got a little sore.

I'm sorry CK I'm thinking about you.

Jeni one lb lose is awesome! Yes it is easy to do bad and. Fight to always do good. Hate that but such is life.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.
  • Melzy71
    Options
    P90X Legs and Back today. Love this workout. Hey Vini you can turn off Tony's voice and just listen to music. I was becoming annoyed by him and tried out music with ques. no more incessant talking and dorky jokes, just music and when to start and stop = heaven! :laugh:

Tomorrow is my day off so see yall monday! Will be starting my 7th week!